Chapter 19

The following morning again, when Harry went to see him, he told him that Malfoy had stopped by, asking Madam Pomfrey if he could borrow one of Ron's books, he also threatened to tell Pomfrey what really bit him, while giving an evil laugh. 

"Don't worry, it'll be over at midnight this Saturday, and we can put Norbert and Malfoy far out of our minds then," He said, which improved Ron's mood a bit.

It sank immediately, "Oh no! The book Malfoy took... it had the letter to Charlie in it! He's going to know that we are getting rid of Norbert!"

Before Harry could react, Madam Pomfrey came over and made him leave, saying he was causing Ron distress. 

Harry didn't argue and decided to just leave.

After explaining everything to his other two friends. Harry spoke up, "It's too late to change the plan now. We haven't got any time to send another Owl to Charlie and this could be our only chance to rid ourselves of Norbert. We'll have to risk it, and we do have the Cloak, Malfoy doesn't know about that."

Before classes had a chance to start, they went to see Hagrid to tell him about the Letter from Charlie. 

But, found Fang the Boarhound sitting outside with a bandaged tail. Lucifer knelt down and scratched and patted the dog, who was wagging his tail, despite the pain it was causing him.

Hermione was secretly looking jealous and hoped that, it didn't show on her face. 

"That Dragon has to go..." he said, feeling sympathetic for the boarhound.

Hagrid opened the window to speak to them, "I won't let you in," he puffed, "Norbert's at a tricky stage - nothin' I can't handle!"

Harry and Hermione told him about Charlie's letter, which caused his eyes to be filled with tears, but that also could've been because Norbert had just bitten him on the leg.

"Argh! It's all right, he just got me in the boot - jus' playin' he's only a baby after all."

That baby then banged its tail on the wall, causing the windows to rattle, and Fang began to shake in fear, 

"Only a baby... only a dangerous, vicious, fanged baby..." Hermione stood up and walked back to the Castle with Harry and Lucifer.

Saturday really couldn't arrive soon enough.

*******

When Saturday finally arrived, Harry found it hard to feel sorry for Hagrid after all the things they had to worry about with the Dragon, Norbert. 

It was a dangerous creature, and he could see why it was illegal to own one.

Lucifer was sulking, because Hagrid refused his beautiful offer to buy the dragon.

Even though he offered him 1000 galleons for her. Hermione was clearly enjoying his new face. 

It was a very dark and cloudy night. 

They were a little late in arriving at Hagrid's as they had to wait for Peeves to be finished playing tennis against the wall. 

When they arrived, Hagrid had Norbert packed and ready in a large crate, "He's got lots o' rats an' some brandy fer the journey," he spoke in a muffled voice, "an' I packed his teddy bear in case he gets lonely."