Chapter 8: The Ultimate Verdict

After enduring seven gruelling days, the moment of reckoning had arrived to determine who had successfully passed the Demon Slayer selection test.

Sanemi Shinazugawa had navigated the challenges adeptly, fending off numerous demons throughout the seven days on his own. As he ascended towards the mountaintop shrine, a thought crossed his mind: Did that peculiar girl make it through?

Upon reaching the shrine's summit, Sanemi scanned the area, searching for any sign of Tsukiyo and Hiroshi. To his initial disappointment, he found none. "Did they not make it?" he muttered to himself.

Only two other candidates were present besides Sanemi. As time ticked on, Sanemi began to resign himself to the idea that Tsukiyo and Hiroshi hadn't succeeded.

Just as he was convinced he wouldn't see them again, a familiar voice reached his ears. "We did it! We made it, Hiroshi!" Tsukiyo exclaimed, limping slightly as Hiroshi supported her.

"Yeah, we did! Hikari-neesan would be so proud!" Hiroshi replied with equal enthusiasm.

Sanemi's relief was evident, but his stern demeanor remained. "You're quite injured. How did you manage that?"

Tsukiyo shot back, "Well, we were fighting demons. Or did you expect I tripped over my own feet?"

Sanemi smirked slightly. "Given that it is you, it's a plausible explanation. Regardless, you both made it," he said, trying to mask his relief.

Tsukiyo beamed, "We promised to meet here again in seven days, and we did! It's great, isn't it?"

She really is an odd one, Sanemi thought to himself, choosing not to respond to Tsukiyo's cheerful proclamation.

As the candidates gathered at the mountaintop shrine, a representative from the Ubuyashiki family stepped forward. "Congratulations to all who have passed the selection test," she announced, her voice resonating in the quiet atmosphere. "Each successful participant will be presented with their official Demon Slayer Corps uniform."

The candidates murmured with excitement as they were directed to a designated area for measurements. Tailors and assistants hurriedly took measurements, ensuring each uniform would fit perfectly. Along with the uniform, the new Demon Slayers were informed of their initial rank, starting at the Mizunoto rank, which would be engraved on their attire.

But that wasn't all. A table was set up where candidates could choose the ore for their Nichirin Sword. Various options gleamed under the sunlight, each promising strength and resilience. Skilled swordsmiths would craft these swords based on the candidates' choices, with delivery expected in two weeks. Tsukiyo, Hiroshi and Sanemi chose the light-blue, dark-blue and green ores respectively.

Lastly, a line of majestic crows caught everyone's attention. "Each of you will be assigned a Kasugai Crow," the representative continued. "These crows are essential messengers, facilitating communication with the Corps and aiding you in your missions."

Amidst the bustle, Tsukiyo and Hiroshi exchanged glances, their eyes reflecting a mix of pride and anticipation. The journey had only just begun, but they were now officially part of the Demon Slayer Corps, ready to face whatever challenges that lay ahead.