Chapter 3: New Beginnings

"Hikari-oneesan!"

As Tsukiyo and Hiroshi hurriedly approached Hikari to assess her injury, they called out her name with concern. Hikari's right arm was gradually taking on a purple hue, and her complexion grew noticeably pale.

"We need to get her to treatment immediately!" Hiroshi commanded, struggling to hold back his tears.

The tough battle results in a grievous injury that cost Hikari's right arm – to halt the spread of a lethal poison coursing through her veins, her right arm had to be amputated, a harrowing decision made to save her life. The injury also forced Hikari to retire from her esteemed Hashira position.

Overwhelmed by guilt and remorse, Tsukiyo came to a profound realisation. Her denial and anger had blinded her to the truth; her parents had not forsaken her, but had fallen victim to the very demons she had refused to believe in.

Filled with newfound determination, Tsukiyo humbly approached Hikari and Hiroshi, her voice quivering with regret. "I don't know how to express how deeply sorry I am for my actions over the years. Your kindness and patience towards me have been unwavering, yet I have acted so selfishly and caused you harm. I have let both of you down so terribly. The past years, I have been clinging to the hope that my parents might still be alive, refusing to face the painful truth that they were taken by demons. I didn't intend for any of this to happen, but my denial led to this. Please, I hope you will forgive the foolish girl I've been." Tears streamed down Tsukiyo's face uncontrollably, reflecting the depth of her remorse.

"Silly girl, don't blame yourself. You are part of our family, the dearest baby girl of Hiroshi and mine," Hikari said tenderly, gently brushing away Tsukiyo's tears as she cupped her face. 

Hiroshi joined them, enveloping both Hikari and Tsukiyo in a heartfelt embrace, a powerful testament to the deep love that bound this close-knit family together.

Tsukiyo recognised that these were her family, the people dearest to her heart, whom she was willing to protect at any cost. 

Determined to step up, Tsukiyo made a solemn vow to commit herself fully to the demanding training needed to become the next Crystal Hashira.

With her heart now aflame with purpose, Tsukiyo embarked on a quest to eradicate the demonic threat, striving tirelessly to forge a path towards a peaceful world free from the shadows of fear and despair.