Everything Must Go

Following Season 2 Episode 5 of Good Girls. 

Beth--

"I have to tell you something quick before Saige gets here," I say to Dean. He looks up from his computer, pulling the pen out from between his teeth.

"Why's Saige coming here?" Dean asks. Saige has made it pretty obvious of her distaste of Dean after the cheating scandal was made known to her. 

"She promised Emma and Jane that she'd order Girl Scout cookies from them. I have the forms in my van. Plus, I haven't seen her in almost two weeks," I answer. Between my "job" and Saige's job and personal life, it's been hard for us to plan a time for just the two of us to hang out and talk. 

"Gotcha. So, what is it you want to tell me?" Dean wonders. I take a deep breath, softening my face.

"He took the money. All of it," I lie. I'm pretty sure I can still smell the gasoline on my fingertips. Dean stares at me with a stoic expression, not saying a word.

"Why?" I shrug my shoulders.

"He flipped his game," I answer. Before Dean has a chance to respond, a car horn honks, making both of us jump. At first, I think that it's Saige trying to get my attention, annoyed that I missed her text. I grab my phone from my pants pocket, and the last message I have from her was thirteen minutes ago, telling me that she was leaving Botanic Bay and heading to Boland Motors. Dean jumps up from his desk chair, and I turn around to see Rio's upper body pop up from the car Dean has been trying to sell for months. 

"Yo, so I'm sittin' here, right? And, I'm trying to figure out, who would buy a neon Vette with ostrich interior? I think I've finally figured it out...nobody." Rio smiles as he hops out of the car, taking a few steps towards Dean and I. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. 

"Another thing I've wondered, how does he feel that I'm dating his niece?" Rio dodges my question with a question. 

"I'll be pretty happy the day she breaks up with you," Dean spits. Rio laughs, his brown eyes glinting with amusement.

"She ain't ever goin' to leave me, Dean." A cocky smile spreads across his face. I glance around the empty dealership to see if Saige is here and I don't see her or her car in the parking lot. 

"I have something else to tell you that'll piss you off, Dean. Your wife and I are partners now." My eyes widen at Rio's confession. Partners? 

"What is he talking about, Beth?" Dean asks, his voice tight. I don't answer, confusion still coursing through my body. 

"You see, I'm going to provide the capital, and you are going to wash it with these cheesy ass buckets." Rio motions with his arms to the other Corvettes. 

"That wasn't the deal," I say, trying to keep the shakiness out of my tone.

"What, you need a memo?" Rio scoffs. "New deal; I take a thirty percent cut now." 

"You can go to hell!" Dean tries to sound tough, but lets not forget Rio has beaten him up and shot him once already. Rio chuckles at Dean's "threat."

"All right..." Rio walks slowly back towards the yellow Corvette, pulling a black crowbar from the driver's seat. 

"No, no, no!" Dean and I try to stop him, but it's no use as he smashes off the driver's side side mirror.

"Forty percent!" Rio demands. 

"I'm calling the cops!" Dean exclaims. I quickly turn to face him.

"You can't, Dean, you can't!" I shout. A scream leaves my throat as Rio bashes in the driver's side window.