Atom Bomb

Following season 1 episode 4 of Good Girls.

Wednesday Night-8:00 PM

Beth--

"That is not what I meant when I said we'd do another job! Who is that guy?!" I hiss. 

"He works for me," Rio calmly answers.

"There's been a miscommunication!" I snap.

"Oh, so you think you can pick and choose what you do and when you want to do it," Rio sarcastically states.

"She thought it'd be like driving for Uber," Ruby deadpans from behind me. Rio glances at her before back at me. 

"We are not qualified to take care of a gunshot victim! I mean, your friend needs some serious medical help," I say. 

"Yeah...that can't happen. There's people out looking for them," says Rio. 

"Um, I know someone who can help us take care of him," Annie speaks up from behind me. Automatically, I know who she's talking about. When Saige was a freshman and sophomore in high school, she was interested in becoming a paramedic. She convinced me to let her sign up for sessions of classes where she would learn how to become a paramedic. She took them for two years before deciding she wanted to open a flower shop with Grace.

"Absolutely not," I say. I read the look in Rio's eyes and nod, silently answering his unsaid question.

"Okay, she doesn't need to be with us until he picks him up. She just comes over to show us what we'll have to do so you aren't down a guy," Annie persuades. Rio stares down at his hands, thinking over what Annie offered. 

"Call her." he directs this at Annie. I turn around and watch Annie scramble to grab her phone from her back pocket.

Saige--

"Hello?" I answer Annie's call. 

"Hey, Saige-y! What're you up to?" Annie asks in a high pitch tone. It instantly makes me suspicious.

"I just got out of the shower. What do you want, Annie?" I ask.

"What makes you say I want something?!" Annie accuses. 

"Your tone of voice," I state. Annie sighs.

"We...need your help with something."

"What?" I ask. 

"Medical help," Annie answers. Worry fills my body.

"Is everything okay? Is everyone okay?!" I ask. 

"Yeah, yeah, it's not any of your cousins'," Annie reassures.

"Who's hurt?" I ask. Annie sighs again.

"Can you just come over to Beth's house?" I look down at myself clad in a white bathrobe with a red towel wrapped up on my head.

"Let me get dressed and I'll be over." I hang up before Annie can say anything else. I quickly throw on a pair of red panties, a red sports bra, black leggings, and an old navy blue high school track and field sweatshirt. I slip on a pair of white socks before walking out of my bedroom. I slip on my black Ugg boots and grab my keys before leaving. 

The drive to Beth's house is only fifteen minutes. As I turn onto her street, I notice Rio's car parked across the street. What is he doing here? 

"Beth? Annie?" I call out after I don't see anybody. Beth, Annie, Ruby, and Rio come inside through the side door.

"Which one of you are hurt?" I ask. They all look fine to me.

"Upstairs in Emma and Jane's room," Beth says. I look at Annie.