Find Your Beach

Following season 3 episode 1 of Good Girls.

(I'm pretty sure this picture of Rio is from season 1, but I really didn't like the results that came up for this episode.)

Mature Content-Sexual, marked with a *. 

Saige;

March

Tuesday Morning;

"Morning," Grace smiles. I set my purse down behind the counter and take a seat on the black stool next to her. 

"How's Rio doing?" she asks. I sigh.

"Good. I'm pretty sure he's going to lose his mind if he has to stay any longer in that hotel suite," I chuckle. 

My mind flashes back to the scene three months ago almost to the date. Grace practically had to restrain me because all I wanted to do was go back to Rio's side and help him. She was able to get me in her car and drove us back to her and Gia's shared house. I spent almost an hour in her shower watching his blood come off my hands and then just staring down at my hands, wondering if I had applied enough pressure to help the bleeding. 

About two hours after the shooting happened, Grace received a call from Mick. He told us that an ambulance had been called and he had been taken to the hospital and was currently in surgery. He explained how Rio's team had made Beth leave right after they saw Grace's car drive away, and how they also let Turner go on an agreement between him and Rio: to save Rio from having kidnapping charges pressed on him, he agreed to help Turner out by ratting out other gangs. 

After a six hour surgery, the surgeon deemed that Rio was going to be okay and make a full recovery. He spent a week recovering in the hospital, then was sent to a hotel provided by Turner for safety. Rio also doesn't want Beth to know he survived. Speaking of Beth, I haven't spoken to her since the morning of the shooting. For about a month afterwards, she tried to get me to agree to talk to her so she could tell, "her side of the story." She even recruited Annie and Ruby into trying to convince me, which lead me to stop talking to them, too. Even though Beth was the shooter, Annie and Ruby are still hanging out with her, which makes them practically okay with her shooting her niece's boyfriend. 

"He's able to leave by Friday, right?" I nod to answer Grace's question. She doesn't say anything but I know what she wants to say. My twenty-third birthday is this Saturday, and it'll be the first birthday ever that I don't spend with my aunts'. I didn't spend Christmas with the Boland family this year, but I did arrange with Dean to have him drop the kids', plus Sadie, Sara, and Harry, to have a little Christmas celebration with them. 

"We can still go out Saturday night. I'll be fine, I promise," I say. 

"It's just...you haven't really processed cutting your aunts' out of your life, especially Beth. With Christmas, it was easy for you to busy yourself tending to Rio because he had only been discharged from the hospital a week prior. With your birthday and Rio healed, I just don't want to see you...explode on the wrong person or continue to bottle it up inside," Grace explains. I stay silent, not liking what Grace said only because she's right. 

"Fine, you want me to talk about it? It's a bigger betrayal then when Jared dumped me because I wasn't going to college and it'd, "wreck his image." I get that it can't be easy working for someone like Rio, but there's another door opened when your boss starts dating your niece. She told me in person that she approved of me dating Rio and liked him as my boyfriend, all for that to turn out as lies. She knew that the moment she truly wanted out of a life of crime that it'd be hard, it's just the way it is. God, what did she fucking expect, for me to just put it behind me that she tried to kill my boyfriend?!" I rant, my breaths coming out deep.