Nana

Following season 3 episode 8 of Good Girls. 

Rio;

"Rough day?" I hold in my laugh by taking a sip of my whiskey. 

"Didn't get much sleep. Hard to get any when I don't have a bed," she forces out a chuckle. I smirk down at the bar top. 

"That is a problem," I murmur. 

"The least of 'em. I screwed up with my boss." I can feel her stare on the side of my head. I glance towards the back storage room where all the alcohol is kept; Dags had promised Grace that she could create her own drink and get it put on the menu. The two are currently back there taste testing. 

"Never good," I murmur, taking another sip of my drink. 

"The thing is, he knows that I'm a good asset to his...company, and it would hurt to get rid of me. He works me and my friends to the bone, and we weren't getting paid a fair wage. That's all we want as mothers with kids to raise," she says. My jaw hardens, knowing that what she's saying is true but not wanting to admit it. I'm not that weak.

"What do you want, Elizabeth?" I snap, a surge of anger running through me. 

"Just what's fair," she sighs. 

"Fair? That's a funny word coming out of your mouth, considering what you've done in the last five months," I dryly laugh. 

"You don't need to remind me. Look, I just want to go back to the way things were before." I take a glance at Beth, knowing that the deeper meaning behind that sentence is wanting a good relationship with Saige. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Dags step back behind the bar. He has a mixture of amusement and stress on his face, which makes me smile. 

"Someone might not be happy to see you here," I state, knowing it's any minute before Saige steps out. 

"What?" Beth asks. Her eyes widen and I turn to see Saige stopped at one end of the bar. A harden look comes across her face as she walks over to us.

"I thought you weren't working with them anymore," says Saige, directed to me. 

"Said it was a possibility I wouldn't work with them anymore," I correct. Saige huffs, leaning against the bar top. Her eyes trail Beth up and down, anger still present in her facial features but confusion popping in.

"Why are you wearing one of your Sunday church dresses to Lucky's?" she questions Beth. Her aunt doesn't answer, keeping her gaze focused on her glass. Saige had informed me about the last fight they had about two weeks ago; guess Beth finally took the hint to stop asking Saige for help with nothing in return.

"She's trying to get her job back," I answer for her. Beth shoots me glare and I give her a cocky smirk in return. 

"Maybe you'll learn your lesson this time, Beth. Actions have consequences."

2 Days Later;

Annie;

"Just know that the only reason I am here right now is for my fair share of the cut of the money," I declare. I hear Ruby sigh and I just know that Beth is either glaring at me or rolling her eyes. 

"I just...this man cannot die! Who knows how many attempts have been put out on his life and he's still here! More important than that, whether it works or not, how much more you are hurting Saige. It's just..." I trail off, shooting the two older women a glare. Both of them avoid it, looking down at the dirt. They don't like to admit that I'm right, and I'm going to try and convince them not to do this solely for Saige's sake by making them feel like shit.