Chapter 28

Mya sat in Jordan's room, rocking Zion in her arms. Her leg was up on the couch, resting to ease some of the pain off of it. She didn't want to leave. The last several hours of her day had been crazy and chaotic. She was losing it. Jordan's monitor was the only noise in the room.

Jordan had surgery the moment they arrived to the hospital and he's been stable in his bed since they brought him back. She felt a bit of relief when the doctors told her that he'll be okay. He just needed to recover for a few days and be monitored.

Her face was extremely dry and she was hot and uncomfortable. Every moment of her day replayed in her head and she just couldn't figured out where she'd gone wrong. She wondered how Victoria manage to get her out the office and to her house.

Her cell phone lit up the dark room. It was nearly five in the morning. She looked at her phone and it was Veronica calling. That's one person she didn't want to talk to at the moment.

Veronica had been calling her for the last few hours. Mya was more focused Jordan more than anything. She didn't want to talk to anyone, but him.

She took her leg off the couch and laid Zion down. She was glad that her baby was a sleeper.

Standing up slowly, she limped to the chair directly next to Jordan's bed. Her breathing became heavy. As long as they've been together, she's seen the inside of a hospital numerous of times. More of those times it was her in the hospital, but seeing her own husband in a hospital, broke her down. 

Despite of his infidelity, she loved him and wanted to work things out with him. No matter how angry she was at him, she never wanted to see him laid in a hospital bed.

She had a flashback of Victoria stabbing Jordan. It was terrifying. Tears filled her eyes and she cried. She wanted all the pain to go away. Even for Jordan.

It was almost three in the afternoon and she still hadn't been to sleep. Zion was now up and she was playing. The nurse who had been checking in on him all night, walked into the room.

"Hello, Mrs. Green." She smiled.

Mya gave a weak smile.

"I'm just coming in to check on him." She grabbed his clip board and jotted some things down as she observed his monitor and him. Once she was down, she placed the clipboard back where she got it.

"Did you need me to get you anything?" She asked Mya.

"No."

"Are you hungry? You've been her a while and I haven't seen you eat anything. I could get you something."

"No, thank you." My rejected as kindly as she could.

"Okay, just let me know if you need anything." She smiled at Mya again and left the room.

"I need my husband to be okay." Mya said softly. She grabbed his hand, supporting Zion's back with her other hand.

Suddenly she felt him grip her hand. Her eyes grew wide as she stared at him. "Jordan?" She said his name softly.

He held on to her hand before he opened his eyes.

She smiled. "Hi." She said, letting out a relieving sigh.

He cracked a smile as he took slow breaths.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

He swallowed and cleared his throat to speak. "I'm-I'm okay."