Chapter 1 - Prologue

Mya rushed into the Dr. Brown's office.

"Mya? What's going on?" Dr. Brown asked with wide eyes.

"Something is wrong!"

"What's wrong?"

"My baby! I think something is wrong with my baby. I haven't felt my baby move in a while today."

"Mya," Dr. Brown sighed, "your baby is fine."

"No. No. No, Dr. Brown, I haven't felt a movement in a while today."

"It could all be in your head, but I'm going to check anyway." She said, leading her into one of the rooms.

"Please check." Mya now had fear written all over her face as she was breathing really hard.

"First thing I need you to do is calm down." Dr. Brown placed her hands on Mya's shoulder.

Mya's breathing began to slow down and become steady.

Dr. Brown led Mya to one of the private examination rooms, closing the door once they'd entered.

"Okay, you can get on the table now." Dr. Brown stated.

Mya got on the table, laying on her back and Dr. Brown began to examine her belly.

She first used her hand to put a little pressure on the baby, causing the baby to move.

"You felt that?" She asked.

Mya smiled, "yes."

Dr. Brown then turned the monitor on to check for a heartbeat and they both listened to the heartbeat.

"See? Alive and well with a strong heartbeat." Dr. Brown smiled.

Mya's smile widened, showing her teeth.

"You know, it's okay when you don't feel your baby move sometimes. I understand you're being cautious from what happened before, next time just give me a call when you think something is wrong. " she explained. "I would hate for you to come here and I'm not here. These people won't be as nice to you as I am." She chuckled.

Mya returned the laugh. "I can't help it. I just don't want anything to happen like it did before."

"And it won't. You have to have some faith that it won't."

"I know and I do. Well, I try to have some faith, but-"

"But you second guess things."

Mya nodded her head in guilt.

"Everything will be fine. You only have one more week to go. That's why you need to be at home on bed rest." She said to Mya.

"And you'll see me again if I think something else is wrong." Mya said.

Dr. Brown laughed. "I know I will. Next time, call before you come. This is your fifth time doing this. My employees are starting to think you're crazy."

"That's fine." Mya laughed. "Just a concerned pregnant woman." She shrugged.

"Now get on out of here!" Dr. Brown motioned for Mya to leave the room.

"Okay Doc. I'll see you later."

When Mya got in her car, she called Cassie.

"Hey! Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I guess I just overreacted again."

Mya heard Cassie sigh. "YaYa, you can't be doing that to me. I was so scared. I've been sitting outside this house leaving my clients inside for a while, girl. Don't scare me like that. Did you call Jordan?" She asked.