Chapter 52

"My C-section is scheduled pretty soon. I'm so ready to have this baby." Mya said as she relaxed with Janice.

Janice had invited them over for dinner and Mya was glad she accepted it.

"But I need to keep the children busy." Mya continued to talk. She enjoyed spending time with Janice and her family.

"You know, if you're looking to put them into any organization, my boys are in some. James is in a great gymnastics program at the school."

"My girls are dancers." Mya said. "I found a studio for them, however I need to see if there's one I can work at."

"You teach?" She asked.

"Yes." Mya answered. "I have a studio back in New Orleans and I must say it was tough but it's a great company now."

"That's good to know. I know nothing about dancing, we're hardcore basketball fans around her." Janice chuckled. "However, I've always wanted to go to a ballet."

"You've never been to a ballet?" Mya asked.

"No." Janice shook her head. "I've never had a chance. I want to witness dance in some way. My parents were academic scholars and didn't believe in arts unless it was an average sport."

"Really?"

"It's crazy because my family is french. Now, my husbands family are Scottish and love the American ways." She joked.

Mya let out a laugh. "I will take you to a ballet soon." She promised. "At least after I have this little baby."

"I bet you're excited. I wanted a girl, but God has his own plans." She let out a light sigh.

Mya was surprised at that statement. That let her know that Janice is a believer and she knew that's who she needed to be surrounded by. The lead her to ask a question, "do you guys go to church?"

"We do. We go to a church, not too far from here." She responded.

"I need to get my family in church. I feel bad for not doing that."

"I can invite you guys to our church." Janice suggested. "We go to a Catholic Church."

Mya didn't know what to say. She didn't want to reject the invitation because she grew up in a baptist church.

"I'll see if we can make it one Sunday." She said.

"Great." Janice smiled. "So how are you liking it here?"

"It's beautiful here. It gets pretty cold at night but that's fine." Mya chuckled.

"I hear it's really hot in the south so I would get why you'd think it's cold."

"You know, I was thinking about placing a theater in our home. The one y'all have is nice, man." Jordan complimented as he and Robert appeared in the living room with their wives.

"Hey, just give me a call when you're ready."
Robert said. "I can help you out with that."

"Baby, we gotta get a theater."

Mya frowned and maneuvered her body with discomfort.

Jordan didn't catch it but Janice did.

"Are you okay?" She asked. Her question caught Jordan's attention.

He looked to Mya as he got closer to her. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine." Mya flashed a smile. Janice bought her response but Jordan didn't. "My back is really hurting right now.

"Stretch out on the couch. Get comfortable." Janice said. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable.

"I'm fine. I'm okay."