Chapter 8

Jordan buttoned his shirt and zipped his pants, glancing over at Victoria,  who was putting on her skirt. She fixed her blouse and covered her cleavage a bit.

He looked at the time and saw how late it was. Jordan knew that after a certain time, Mya will be worried if she hasn't heard from him.

He couldn't say anything to Victoria because he was too ashamed at what they'd just done. If it weren't official before,  it's more than official that Jordan cheated on his wife.

He knew that after this, he couldn't do it again. He'd never thought he'd be the one to cheat. When he married Mya, he took his views seriously,  but meeting Victoria was a different story. He hated himself for even kissing her,  but everything they'd done felt good to him although it wasn't right.

He walked out of her office,  and to his office. Gladly everyone was gone. He heard her call out his name when he walked out, but he ignored her.

He put on his suit jacket and stuffed his briefcase, closing it and leaving the office.

......

Mya was angry. It's been a couple of days since she found that shirt with the makeup on it and she hadn't said anything to Jordan. She wanted to drive to Jordan's job and act a fool, but she couldn't bring herself to do that. She spent some time crying, hurting over the thought of her husband cheating on her. She wanted to confront him, but first she was going to ask him again and see if he'll tell the truth this time or she's done.

She took the shirt and ironed it. The stain was a bit more visible once she knocked the wrinkles out. She wanted him to wear it work the next day.

Jordan came home later than late that night. Mya had got the kids to bed aleady and now she was in the bed, wide awake.

When he walked into the bedroom, they exchanged looks but no words because she quickly turned her back, laying on her other side.
Closing her eyes not wanting to snap, but she couldn't help it. "Why are you coming in so late?" She asked,  sitting up.

"I had a long day at work." He sat on the edge of the bed and took his shoes off.

There was something off about him that she couldn't put her finger on. He want looking at her for some reason.

Suddenly his phone rang.

After the third ring he pulled out his pocket and ignored the call.

She glanced at the clock on the wall. It was a little passed eleven. "Who is calling you so late?"

"Mya, can I get settled,  please?" He asked, a bit annoyed by her questions.

"You know what," she let out a heavy sigh,  "you do that. I'm just going to go to sleep. Good night." Turning back over to her side,  she pulled the covers higher over her body as she relaxed her head on the pillow.

When Jordan finally got in the bed, he moved closer to her, placing his hand on her baby bump, but Mya moved his hand. She didn't want him touching her. She was in no mood for him to be loving or caring towards her because she certainly wasn't being that way towards him.

Mya slept for what felt like twenty minutes, but once she woke up, she couldn't go back to sleep. She got out the bed and quietly left their bedroom. She made her way through the silent house and to the kitchen. Opening the refrigerator, she pulled out the jar of pickles and then got the ice cream out of the freezer.

She went to the movie room, where she knew there will be more peace and she decided on watching some movies until it was time for everyone to get up.

It was now around six and she was still awake, so she began to get herself ready for work. Once she was ready, she went to Faith's room to get her ready for school. After waking Faith up and making sure she was in the restroom brushing her teeth, she made her way to wake up Heaven and JJ.