Chapter 38

Allie made a quick trip to her house while Blake was still at the hospital. To her surprise, someone rang her doorbell.

When she answered the door it was woman standing on the porch with a navy blue, fitted, professional-like dress, holding a black briefcase.

"May I help you?" Allie asked.

"Hi, are you Allison Gordon?" The woman asked. She was about five feet and nine inches, but she had on pumps. Her hair was pinned up into a bun. Her glasses sat at the bridge of her nose and her makeup was light. She was gorgeous.

"And you are?"

"I'm Shanice Hollis, the attorney of Trenton Morris."

"He sent you here?" Allie asked, cutting Shanice off.

"Yes ma'am he did. May I come in?" She asked.

"What will this be about?" Allie asked. "I don't mean to be rude, but I'm kind of in a hurry right now." She glanced at the time on her cell phone.

"Well, I can give you these papers and forms for you to look over." She lifted her briefcase, holding with one arm and opening it with her free hand. 

"Papers for what?" Allie asked. 

Shanice handed her a manilla envelope with her name on it. "Whenever you have time, please feel free to give me a call. My card is inside this envelope." She closed her briefcase and smiled at Allie. "Hopefully, I'll see you soon." She turned and walked away.

Allie was confused. She wanted to know why Trenton would send a lawyer and what the papers were about. When she made it back to the hospital, she opened the envelope since Blake was asleep. Pulling all of the papers out and finding a smaller envelope inside within the papers. She opened it and there was a check written in her name for four billion dollars.

Allie stared at the check with her mouth open and her hand over her chest.

Reading another paper, she scanned through paragraphs and read that Trenton was passing his company over to her and nearly all of his money. At a moment like this, she wishes she could call him. She had a thousand questions for him, but didn't know where to begin with them.

Although it took her a moment to think about it, she realized that she could probably get answers from his lawyer. She found Shanice's card at the bottom of the envelope. Picking up her cell phone and dialing the number on her card.

"Shanice Hollis speaking." Shanice answered her phone.

"Hi, um, this is Allie. Allison Gordon." Allie was a little hesitant.

"Hi, I was expecting you to call, but not this soon." Shanice said with confidence. "I take it that you  found something in that envelope."

"Yes, and I want to know what's this about? This is a lot of money!" She took another glance at the check. "And why is he handing his company over to me?" She asked.

"I think it would be better if you could stop by my office and we can discuss it all there. It's a lot to explain."

Allie glanced at Blake. "If I come to your office, it won't be anytime soon, I'll need a while."

"I understand, you have to take care of your son. Just let me know when you can stop by."

Allie frowned. "How did you know about my son?" She asked.

"As Trenton's attorney, he has to share a lot of information with me. Yes, I know about your son and I'm aware that he's sick. Some of that money he gave you is to help cover whatever medical expenses for Blake." Shanice explained. "The rest is for whatever."