Chapter 7

Cassie stared at the phone number written on the paper in her hand, she waas having a great debate. Whether to call number or not? It was Allie's number that Trenton gave her when she went to visit him. She couldn't believe that he and Allie had a son together. With Allie being a celebrity as well, Cassie couldn't help but wonder how'd she hid it and kept it out of the spotlight for so long.

Trenton tried to give Cassie as much inforamtion as he could about his son, which placed her in control of the situation. Cassie had to call Allie, but she figured she should tell Chris about everything first, so she folded the paper up and placed it in her purse. She'll tell Chris about it and give the number to him.

It was another day that Chris took Cater to school and picked him up. When they got home, Cassie was already home and preparing dinner. After dinner, Carter and Chris were playing their Xbox in the game room. She knew that was a way for Carter to get tired, so he was going to be asleep very soon.

Once Carter was sleeping in his bed, Chris came into the bedroom where Cassie was reading a magazine on the sofa.

"Lil man was trying to fight his sleep on that game." Chris chuckled.

Cassie let out a small chuckle. "Oh, but he's about to be sleeping good now. I'm glad this is the last week of school. I've been planning our trip to New Orleans and we should be there next week. We may leave the same day as you."

"Good. I don't want y'all home alone for too long while I'm gone." He sat on the sofa with her.

"How is Mya anyway?" He asked. Chris always asks about Mya as much as he can. He loves Mya just like a sister. The same way Cassie loves her.

"She's fine. Ready to pop." Cassie answered.

"I bet. I miss them kids." He said. "I know Carter loves having them here. Maybe they could come here for a while this summer." He said.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but we have to talk to them first." Cassie said. Whenever Carter and I come back bhome, they could come over." She said.

"Why not when I come back home?" He asked. "I can't leave you here, taking care of four kids by yourself." 

"Mya does it."

"By herself?" He asked. "What happened to Jordan?" 

"Jordan works a lot, so she spends most of the time with the kids, on top of working, and being pregnant. My sister deserves an award." She said proudly.

"Oh, dang." Chris said, staring into space. "She has a lot on her plate."

"That's why I can't wait until we get out there, so I can help her out a bit." She said, putting the magazine down.

"Anyways, on to us." Chris pulled Cassie closer to him. "How is my baby doing?" He asked.

Cassie smiled. She loved when Chris was in his romantic mode. "I'm fine. I actually need to talk to you about something." She said.

"What's up?" He wrapped his arms around her.

She was silent for a moment because she didn't know what to say first. "I got a letter."

"A letter?" He frowned, a bit confused.

"From Trenton." She added.

He removed his arms from around her and stared at her blankly for a moment. "Why is he writing you?"

"At first I wanted to know that same thing, so I read the letter." She responded, shifting her body to face him.

"What did he say to you?" Chris was now interrogating her, but she saw this coming.