Chapter 41

It's been six days since Allie had been admitted to the hospital and her health hasn't improved at all. Doctors are saying that she won't make it. Cassie brought Blake by a few days to see her, but today wasn't a day to bring him.

"Al, I'm gonna call Chris and have him bring Blake. You need to see him a s much as you can." She said.

As much as she wanted to refuse, Allie agreed and nodded her head. She didn't want her son to see her like this anymore, but she wanted to spend as much time as she could spend with him.

After Cassie made the call, she sat next to Allie again. "They're on the way. Blake just got out of school." Cassie said. She'd stopped by the hospital every single day since she'd been admitted.

"I want to tell you something." Allie said, softly.

Suddenly, a man in a suite walked in. Both, Allie and Cassie looked, but Allie's face didn't show the same concern Cassie's showed.

"Hi," Cassie said.

"Hi," he smiled at Cassie and then looked at Allie. "Allison." His smile grew warmer at her.

"Hi," Allie managed to give him a smile. "Cassie, this is my lawyer, Terrence."

Cassie and Terrence shook hands, greeting each other once again.

"I want to talk to you about some things, with him present."

Cassie frowned. "ABout what?"

"About Blake." Allie said. "I was serious about what I told you before. You and Chris are someone I can trust with Blake if something were to happen to me and it seems as though it will happen very soon."

"Allie, don't talk like that. You'll get better soon." Cassie convinced.

"We just have to be prepared. I don't want to leave and leave him behind with a group of people fighting over him or trying to get whatever is left for him. I don't want that. I want him to be with someone who I know will take care of him and love him just as much as I do."

"Me and Chris?" Cassie mumbled.

Allie nodded.

"That's something he and I would have ti discuss, Allie." Cassie certainly didn't want to say no, she loves Blake, but she doesn't want to think about something as tragic happening to where Blake loses his mother and have to live with another family.

"I understand that." Allie said as she looked to Terrence. "Terrence, you can stay until Chris gets here." She said. "And maybe we can all talk this out."

"This soon?" Cassie questioned.

"Do you see me in the bed?" Allie asked, nearly getting an attitude. "I don't have time for anything. I know I don't. I've wasted so much time in the past and it's too late to be doing that now."

Cassie sighed. "Why is the lawyer here?" She glanced at Terrence who was now sitting down, a bit comfortable on the couch.

"He has paperwork I hope you and Chris can sign."

"Paper work?" Cassie felt the frown on her face was stuck. "How about I call him really quick? I'll be right back." She quickly got up with her cell phone in her hand and let the room. Going outside the waiting room, she made sure she was around no one as she called her husband.

"Hello?"

"Chris?"

"Yes, babe?"

"Are you on your way here?" She asked.

"Yes, I just told you that not too long ago." He answered. "What's going on?"

"We have a minor problem."