Chapter 53

"You ready?" Cassie asked.

"Yea," Chris answered, putting on his shades.

"Are you sure you wanna do this? We can always do it at another time." She suggested.

"No, we can do this now. No need to hold it off any longer."

"Blake, Carter, lets go boys!" Cassie called out to them.

Both boys dashed down the stairs at full speed.

They all got in the all black Chevrolet Suburban, where the driver was now in the driver seat getting ready for their trip.

The Morris family was now headed to the airport to fly to Florida to have a family vacation with Cassie's family.

"Do you think Celest has an idea about the surprise?" Chris asked once they were settled into the house they rented out in Orlando.

"Not a single clue." Cassie answered as she typed a text message. "Tyson and his family is here." She said with excitement.

"Good. I bet she's gonna be so surprised."

"Mama and 'em should be landing soon," Cassie said, looking at her phone screen. "I'm just so ready for all of this."

"We can finally share the news with everyone." Chris grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to Cassie.

Tyson, his wife, and their children were settled at the dinner table when Cassie's parents and sisters arrived.

Cassie got up and met them at the door. "Hi, everyone." She hugged them all. "So I have a surprise for you all. Just sit your bags here and follow me."

Celest dropped her bag by the stairway and then Cassie grabbed her hand and lead her to the dining room. Their parents and Carmen were behind them.

When Cassie brought her to the dining room, Celeste froze from who she saw.

"Oh my god!" She leaned forward covering her face.

"Surprise." Cassie said with excitement.

Tyson got up and hugged his mom.

Celeste was speechless and in tears. She couldn't believe that her sister pulled this off.

Tyson signaled for his wife to come over, "this is my wife, Fern." He introduced her to the petite, caramel skinned woman. She was a foot shorter than him and her hair was in a bob that touched her shoulders.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you." Fern greeted her mother-in-law.

Celeste reached out and hugged Fern and this she hugged her son, only tighter than she hugged Fern.

Cassie stood aside and snapped some photos with her digital camera as this heartfelt moment was happening.

After Celeste was introduced to her grandchildren, everyone was now sitting at the dinner table, about to enjoy their first meal together as a whole family.

While they are, Cassie and Chris decided that it was time to share their news.

"Chris and I have an announcement to make." Cassie spoke over her family's small chats.

Everyone's attention was now on Cassie.

She and Chris exchanged a look and he placed his hand on her thigh.

"Chris, myself, and the boys are gonna be moving to Cali." She grinned.

A few eyes widened at the news with surprise.

"It's a good way for us to have a fresh start for our family because we're also expecting." She couldn't contain her smile.

"What?" A few voices mumbled.

"Expecting what?" Carmen sarcastically asked.

Laughter roamed from around the table.

"A baby, fool!" Cassie thumped her sister's head.

"I hope your baby isn't ugly like you." Carmen joked, laughing at herself.

"Shut up, that's why your lace front is showing!"

"Cut it out." Mrs. Nelson groaned at her grown daughters.

"She started it." Carmen groaned.

Chris, Tyson, and his wife laughed.

"This is how it is having daughters." Mr. Nelson chuckled, speaking to Tyson.

"They already started that." Tyson laughed.

"But I'm so happy for you baby." Mrs. Nelson said to Cassie.

"Thank you mama."

The next day, they walk went to the Magic Kingdom amusement park and had a great time.

Celeste and Tyson spent some time together, getting to know each other and she also got to know her daughter-in-law and her granddaughters.

When they all gathered up for dinner that evening, Celeste pulled Cassie to the side, outside the dining area.

"If we were kids, this would be one of those moments where I'm ready to ship you off to another family, but you always do something to make me love you again." Celeste chuckled, locking her arm into Cassie's arm. "Thank you." She said with nothing but love and sincere.

"For what?" Cassie asked.

"For all of this. Helping me through meeting him and putting all of this together." She responded. "I never would have imagined you could be this kind to me."

"Just know it nearly killed me to be this nice." Cassie joked. "I didn't think I was gonna NBA survive."

"Grandma?" Paris, Tyson's youngest daughter came up and grabbed Celeste's hand. "Can I sit by you?"

"Of course you can, sweetheart." Celeste said to Paris. She then looked to Cassie, "thank you." She hugged her sister tight.

"Okay, that's enough." Cassie gently pushed her away when the hug became too long. "I felt like I owe it to you. You're my big sister and I have to keep in mind that you and Carmen are all I have if something ever happens to mama and daddy." She sighed. "Now let me pray to God that nothing happens to them because I don't want to be stuck with you." She laughed and paced away to her dear next to her husband.