Chapter 48

Another day at home in their new home, Mya was tired of staying home all day. It was just her and Zion all day. She and Jordan decided to wait for her to have their baby first before she could go back to work.

He's been as involved with this pregnancy as he was during her very first. He was calling every hour on the hour so that she wouldn't be bored or overthink what he's doing.

Jordan also took the initiative to call Mrs. Livingston and have her keep Mya company while he was at work.

"Mrs. Livingston? What a pleasant surprise." She was surprised to see Mrs. Livingston.

"Hi, dear, how are you? Your husband sent me to keep you company, so I figured we could ride around town and kill some time."

"Actually, I was just gonna relax at home and maybe take a nap later on." Mya said, not wanting to leave the house."

"No, no, no dear, we have to get you out of this house. There's a beautiful city out there for you to see." Mrs. Livingston welcomed herself into the house.

Mrs. Livingston was old enough to be Mya's mother, but she didn't show her age at all. She seemed young and vibrant and Mya liked that about her. However, she wasn't really up for leaving the house, but she did want to see some of the city.

"Okay, just give me some time."

"Definitely." She said with excitement.

"Um, you can have a seat in the living room. Make yourself at home."

"Thank you."

After Mya got herself ready, she and Mrs. Livingston made their way out. She took Mya to a few boutiques and then she treated Mya to lunch at a popular restaurant.

"Are you guys from LA?" Mya asked as they ate their food.

"I am, I've been here all my life. My husband is from New York."

"Wow, what brought you two together?" Mya asked.

"He moved here after he graduated with his masters in eighty-one. We met here in LA at one of my family's social events." She said. "It was so crazy because at the time we met, we were like Ebony and Ivory. I've heard it all about him being black and me being white, but what was that supposed to mean, I love that man."

"Awe." Mya smile at the thought of Mr. and Mrs. Livingston. "That's sweet."

"Nothing in this world could stop me from being with him and I mean nothing." She said with a stern tone.

Mya wasn't quite sure what she meant, and kind of wanted her to elaborate on the tone she used. "I have a question."

"What is it?" Mrs. Livingston asked.

Mya stopped eating, putts my her fork down, and putting her focus completely on Mrs. Livingston. "Was it hard?"

"Was what hard, honey?" Mrs. Livingston asked.

"Being married to a man who spent so much time at work?"

"It was hard and frustrating before. Especially when you're like me and not work. I was a housewife. Still am, but I enjoy it more than ever now."

Mya wasn't really buying the response she got.

"Let me tell you this," Mrs. Livingston's tone became serious. "My husband and I have been married a long time but I won't act like we didn't go through things." She said.

"He had an affair for a while with a woman I personally knew. Our marriage got to the point where I was gonna walk right out that door with our children but what would that solve?"