Chapter 55

7 months later

"Ugh," Cassie groaned. "I do not miss being pregnant. I don't know how you did this so many times."

"Girl, I don't know how I did it either." Mya laughed.

Cassie was having a baby shower at she and Chris's new house in LA. Mya drove Cassie to her many appointments that Chris had set for her. She'd gotten her nails done, her hair and makeup, and even a massage. Now, they were headed to their house.

"Ready for this party?" Mya asked.

"I'm ready for this nap when these people leave my house."

Mya chuckled. "Shut up."

When they arrived, there were many cars wrapped around their large circular driveway. The outside of their home was decorated with white, purple, and yellow balloons, and a banner that read "Baby Morris."

The surprise was that Cassie and Chris had no clue what they were having. Only Mya knew and she gave all the guests specific instructions on how to disguise their gift to not reveal the gender. They had to wrap their gifts in white with a hint of purple or yellow bows or ribbons. The gifts itself will reveal what they were having.

Cassie saw someone holding a gift bag and wondered what was inside, because the bag itself was a pure white color, with purple and yellow tissue paper flaming out of it.

"You won't know what it is." Mya caught her eyeing the bag.

"Ugh, why would you do this to me?" Cassie asked.

"Have a seat," Mya instructed, pointing to the large throne of a chair that sat against the wall, that was the center of attention in the living room.

After chatting and playing games with all the guests, it was time to open gifts.

Cassie was now anxious to know what she was having. Chris sat on her side as she opened a few gifts, but the first few gifts they opened weren't gender based.

"None of these are telling me what I'm having, y'all. I'm getting frustrated." Cassie announced.

Some of her guests laughed at her comment because it was all intentional.

"Okay, open this gift." Mya handed her a box that was almost kind of large, wrapped with white wrapping paper with purple and yellow polka dots.

"Mya, stop playing with my emotions." Cassie sat the box in her lap and removed the bow. She unwrapped the box and saw a stuffed teddy bear, wearing a onesie.

"A bear, wearing a onesie?" Cassie questioned.

"Read the onesie." Mya said with a smirk.

"Cali Reign Morris." Cassie read as her eyes grew wide. "Cali! I'm having a girl!" Cheers roared throughout the house.

Chris and Cassie shared a kiss.

"We're having a girl!" He shouted.

Mya smiled and made sure their the photographer was capturing this moment.