Chapter 29

It's only been two weeks and Cassie was missing Chris, however, she was glad that she had Carter and Faith. There were a few day where Blake would come over and hang with them. Today was one of those days.

"Mommy Faith and Blake are both being mean to me." Carter whined to her.

"Are they really being mean to you or are you not liking that they're not listening to you?" Cassie asked. "You know how bossy you can get."

"But mama, this is my house! I have to tell people what to do when they come here."

Cassie laughed at his response because she knew how serious he was. "Oh, this odd your house? Did I need to give you the bills next they need to be paid?"

"I'm only eight." He gave her a look of disbelief.

"I was double checking." She chuckled.

"Can you tell them to listen to me?" He requested.

"No, you aren't the boss of anyone. But you can tell them that I said for them to put their shoes on, we're going out."

"Where are we going?"

"Wherever you guys want to go, but it has to be a place you all agree on." She responded. "And don't make them go along with somewhere you want to go." She added.

"I'm not." He said, running back up the stairs to Faith and Blake.

After over thirty minutes of listening to all three children debate over where they're going, they all finally decided on laser tag for the evening. Chris had call Cassie before they'd gone out and they talked for a while. Once they were in the car, Carter was on the phone with Chris, but Chris had to get off the phone. 

Carter would get sad whenever he had to get off the phone with Chris, but it was momentarily. He was back to having fun once they were at laser tag.

As they were playing, Cassie sat aside and called Mya. Mya had told her what happened at their house with Jordan and Victoria. he couldn't believe it, but she made sure she checked in with them to make sure they're okay.

"How's everything going?" Cassie asked Mya.

"Everything is fine now." Mya answered. "J and I have been at home a lot lately. He's healing up pretty good and so am I."

"That's good." Cassie said. "I still can't believe it happened. That woman needs to be put down. I'm just glad you guys are okay. How's my sweet baby Zion?" She asked.

"My sweet innocent baby," Mya sighed, "she has no clue what's going on."

"Good, keep her innocent and clueless. I would have hated if something happened to her. That woman is a real maniac." Cassie shook her head.

"Anyways, how's my babies? I know they've been cutting up over there." Mya let out a chuckle.

"Girl, everyday. It gets worse when Blake is with them. It's like Carter and Blake fight over who should get Faith's attention." Cassie laughed. "I think it's cute that the two of them have a little crush on her."

Mya laughed. "That is cute, but now J and I will have to have the boy talk with her when she gets back." 

Both women laughed.

"I'm trying to tell Carter that's like his sister and that he could be protective of her, girl, but way overprotective of her." Cassie laughed.

"Boys will be boys."

"Definitely." Cassie agreed.

"How has Chris been?" Mya asked.

"He's been good. I talked to him before we came here." Cassie responding. "I'm so ready for him to come home." She said. "He's still a bit bummed about not going on tour, but he's glad that he went into rehab. He says it's really helpful."