Chapter 14

Cassie had just got off the phone with Mya, after coming back to the hotel with from dropping Carter off at her parent's house. 

She spent the last week blowing up Chris's phone, by now she was angry. She heard the door knob turn and the door opened at she looked to see who was walking into her room.

"Where the hell have you been?" She questioned as he husband walked in.

He looked at her with a blank expression and looked away as if she weren't there. Making his way to the bedroom, she followed him.

"Excuse me!" her voice rose. "Don't ignore me while I'm talking to you." She grabbed his shoulder and he jerked away from her.

"Why not?" He asked. "you ignored me while I was sitting in jail.

"That's because you probably deserved to be sitting in there." She yelled.

"So, you'll let your husband sit in the jail and not even try to get him out."

"I was going to post your bail and when I did, they said that you were already out!"

"You waited too late." He said.

"What was the rush? We came here so that  we could see about my best friend who seems to be going through so much right now, and when we get here, you decide that this is the best time for you to play around and buy drugs, do drugs or whatever and then get arrested! I had other things to deal with."

"So you put other things before me?" He questioned.

"At least I knew where you were and that you weren't going anywhere anytime soon, but you did, then you decided not to answer the damn phone when I called you for over a week. All of that doesn't even matter right now because it happened and it's done. My only question is where the hell have you been?"

"That doesn't even matter right now because it happened and it's done and I'm here now."

"Oh, so you want to mock me? We're playing this game now?" She folded her arms.

"You know what else is about to happen?" She narrowed her eyes at him,  "this is done." She walked out the bedroom and grabbed her purse from the table and then picked up her phone.

She then received a text from Celest and opened seeing that it was a photo followed by a link. She tapped the photo, making it enlarge and it was a photo of Chris and Allie.

It appeared that they were eating together.

"What the hell?"  She frowned at the photo and then slowly turned her head,  glaring at Chris. "You went out with Allie?" She asked.

"What?" he looked at her, confused.

She turned the phone screen to him as she moved closer to him. "Is this where you been?" 

"Cas, no. That picture is old."

"Then where were you?"

"It doesn't matter. I'm here now." He yelled, fed up with her nagging. 

"So you were with her..."

"Got dammit, Cassie, no! I wasn't with her. That picture is old. From like weeks ago when I met up with her back home!"

"You know what?" Cassie stepped back, using her calm voice. "I'm done. I'm seriously done right now. I feel like you're lying to me and you're hiding something from me."

She continued to speak, "I don't even know who you are anymore."

"Cas, I can promise that I'm not cheating on you, certainly not with Allie. I haven't seen her in years." He defended.