Chapter 11

"This is painful." Mya said as she was walking. 

"Just take your time," Dr. Kelsin said as he patted Mya's hand which was hooked on his arm. "I'm going at your pace."

"Where are we walking to?" She asked. "I want to get back to the room in case they bring my daughter.

"We're going to see your daughter." He said.

She looked at him and although she didn't crack a smile, he could tell that she was excited. He sees so much pain her eyes as well. 

"They should be bringing her to you soon anyway, but I want you to see her."

He took her to the nursery and there she saw her bundle of joy sleeping peacfully in an isolette. Mya stuck her finger in one of the holes to touch her baby and she cried. 

Dr. Kelsin stood afar, giving her space. 

"Can I hold her?" She asked.

He hesitated to respond, not wanting to say no, but he wanted to see her flash one smile. "Of course."

The doctor who was monitoring the nursey had stepped out at Dr. Kelsin's request. He grabbed a chair for her to sit down and he opened the isolette and gently picked up the baby, placing her in Mya's arms.

Mya admired her baby as Dr. Kelsin admired her. "What's her name?" He asked.

Mya was silent for a moment before responding. "I never told anyone what I wanted to name her, but I had one name in mind for a while that I think I may go with." She said, finally smiling. "Zion. Zion Adelle."

"That's a beautiful name." He commented. "A beautiful name for a beautiful baby, with an even more beautiful mother." 

She began to rock in the chair and hum a tune, holding Zion close to her. "I used to hum the same tune to my other daughter, Faith."

"How many children do you have?" He asked.

"I have four now." She answered. "My husband had two prior to our relationship and we have two together." She answered.

"Husband?" He questioned with a slight frown. He'd never stopped to look for clues to see if she were married, now all of that was shot down. She has a husband. There was no way he had a chance with her.

She nearly asked herself the same question. Husband? Jordan didn't deserve to be her husband. Her heart broke all over again as she thought about him cheating. tears filled her eyes as she held Zion a little longer.

"Are you alright?" He asked, touching her shoulder.

"I want to take her with me and go home." She tried to play off her emotions and smile, but the tears continued. She looked up to Dr. Kelsin, "I'm sorry. I'm just going through a lot right now."

"Dr. Kelsin?" The nursery's doctor walked in, giving him a signaled message. He nodded his head.

"Okay, we have to get out of here," he said. 

"I can't stay a little longer?" Mya questioned.

"I'm afraid not." he said, "but I'll make a deal with you. I'll try my best to make sure she comes to you or you can come back here by the end of the day?" He said.

Mya let out a sigh because she didn't want to leave without her daughter. Dr. Kelsin could see that she didn't want to leave, but he knew they had to go. he wanted to get her back to her room. 

He was still in shock that she was married. Out of all the times he seen her, he'd never thought to look for a ring, but he doesn't see one now and she was always alone, even now at the hospital, he hadn't seen any man that could possibly be her husband.