Chapter 32

"So we're moving to LA?" Jordan asked.

"Nothing's official. Your dad has a job offer here and we're just going to check things out. That's all. Don't go calling your sister, telling her that we're moving."

JJ let out a sigh. "I was just asking."

"What is taking your dad so long?" Mya looked through the crowd of people, spotting her husband getting their tickets after giving their suitcases to the clerk.

A few moments later Jordan came to where they were sitting. "That woman tried to tell me that Zion needed a ticket. I damn near went off on her."

"So does she need one?"

"No!" He answered. "She's not gonna occupy a whole seat!"

"Okay, well, let's go so we won't get caught up in security." Mya said as she stood up.

"Here's your ticket, son." Jordan handed JJ his ticket. "And here's your ticket, babe." He said to Mya, handing her ticket to her.

They all went through TSA security and made their way to their gate.

"Hey, mom, can I get something to eat?"

"No, honey. I won't let you spend your money on the high priced food in here." Mya said. "I told you to get some snacks when we went to the store last night. Why didn't you do that?"

JJ sighed, "I don't know." He shrugged.

"Look in my bag and there are some chips in there." She said.

He grabbed her bag and dug inside. Zion reached for Jordan while she was sitting in Mya's lap. 

"Here we go." Mya rolled her eyes. "She's such a daddy's girl."

"Somebody's gotta love me." He reached for Zion, taking her from Mya's lap and placing her on his.

Mya observed the excitement in Zion's eyes and she saw excitement in Jordan's eyes as well. "I love you."

He looked at her. "I know you love me, but what if you stopped loving me?" He asked. "If there ever comes a day where you stopped loving me, I know my children will still love me." He said to her.

"I won't ever stop loving you." Mya said. "Even if I wanted to."

He looked at his wife, wishing he could make love to her at the very moment. He leaned into her and kissed her lips. "I love you too."

She smiled.

"Eww, can you guys not do that in public?" JJ frowned at them.

"Hush, boy."

When they arrived to Los Angeles, Jordan rented a car for them and then they rode to their hotel to check in.

"We're gonna meet with Mr. Livingston first thing in the morning for breakfast at his place. Then afterwards, he's gonna show us around the city for the next few days."

"I take it that this is our vacation." JJ commented.

"No, we're going on vacation when the girls come back. As soon as Faith gets home from Atlanta, we're gonna go on our vacation to Disney World." He said. Every other year, Jordan takes his family to Disney World in Florida. The year after, they choose a different place to go.

Mya laid Zion on the bed as she slept. JJ turned the tv on and jump on the sofa. 

"Turn that tv down, your sister is sleeping." Jordan said to JJ.