Chapter 23

Cassie was glad to back in her own home in Atlanta with her husband and son. The last several weeks were stressful and she felt all the stress go away once Chris was released from the hospital.

There was a lot of disappointment because he had to cancel his tour. He received phone call after phone call, tweets, and other social networks attacks from fans and other celebrities.

"Mom?" Carter approached her as she cooked breakfast.

"Yes?"

"When is Faith coming?" He asked.

With everything going on, Cassie forgot to talk to Mya about sending Faith to Atlanta for the summer. She hadn't talked to Mya in weeks since she last saw her at the hospital. Hearing from her best friend would be nice.

"You can call her and I'll talk to her about everything." She responded.

He picked her cell phone up from the countertop and called Mya.

"Hi, Aunty YaYa."

Cassie should have had him put the phone call on speaker phone, but she decided against it.

"Yes, she's right here, cooking breakfast." He said. "We just got home last night. Daddy's still asleep."

There was a slight pause from him listening to Mya speak.

"When is Faith coming here?" He asked. He listened for her response and then looked at his mom. "Here you go, Aunty YaYa wants to talk to you."

"Hello?" Cassie answered the phone after she put it to her ear.

"Hey." Mya said.

"Hi. How are you?" Cassie asked.

"I'm alright." She answered. "How are you?"

"I'm well. We're back home and I'm sure we're al happy to be here."

If you were still keeping Faith for the summer, I could have sent her back with you guys."

"There was just so much going on, that it totally slipped my mind about her coming. She can still come though. Maybe after Chris, you know..." She glanced at Carter who was nearby. "Son, go up to your room or go check on daddy while I talk to aunty YaYa."

She waited for Carter to leave the kitchen and she gave it a few seconds. "Chris is going to rehab. He's leaving this week." Cassie said. "We still have to tell Carter, so once we tell him, and once Chris leaves, then Faith can come. I'd rather her come after he leaves, so that Carter's mind wouldn't be on his dad being away."

"Oh, that's fine. I don't want her to be in the way of anything, so if you want to wait another time or reconsider her coming, then that's fine."

"No, no, she can definitely come, just after Chris leaves. I still want her to come. We didn't get to spend much time together while we were there and you and I didn't get to talk and hangout like normal."

"Yeah, I guess we both had a lot going on." Mya said.

"And YaYa?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry."

"I'm the one who should apologize." Mya said. "Your husband was in the hospital and I was being a bit selfish and inconsiderate." Mya explained.