2. The Unsolicited Marriage

Author POV

"Who the hell could get ready to sacrifice his daughter, for this rascal son of yours?"

Aradhya bawled, and Jaswant ignored her, as usual.

"Pappa, Ma is asking something...you can't ruin a girl's life like that!"

Jairaj exclaimed, his eyebrows arched in a line.

"Tum apna muh band rakho Jai...jara sa hai abhi...bada aya saar apne mahatari ki tareef kare...badka launda hamaar aisane paglaya hai, saara ek tho laundiya ke piche paglaan hai. Arre aisi pachaas laundiyaa milengi usse par nahi...raja beta ko to eke chahiye. Kam se Kam manjla ladka to nipte...ese pahile ki uu puri tarah hath se nikal jaye"

"Shut your mouth up, Jai..you are a little one...and every now and then, you find ways to praise your mom. Our eldest son has gone mad after a woman. He could get numerous such women on his bed, but no! The man wants only one woman. At least let Dhanraj get married, before he gets spoiled completely."

Jaswant bellowed at Jai, and he lowered his infuriated gaze. Aradhya knew that she couldn't handle this situation without Balraj, but her eldest son was already suffering from mental anxiety.

"Mai Prem ka pyala pi aya, ek pal me sadiya jee aya."

"*Sings a song*"

Dhanraj came downstairs, humming a song, in an intoxicated state. Everyone's gaze turned to him, and they frowned, noticing his clumsy walk, and tipsy condition.

"Aye betwa...aye. Jyada udo na satve asman pe. Agle hafta tumhaar byaah hai. Tai kar aye hai gaav me. Badi bholi bhali masoom ladki hai."

"Hey son! Don't enjoy it so much. Next week, your wedding is taking place. I've arranged it in the village. The girl is quite naive."

Jaswant proclaimed, but Dhanraj didn't seem to listen to his words, as he was busy strolling to the dining table. Jaswant clutched his shoulders and made him look into his eyes.

"Sun re gadaha...dhyan rakhna uska. Mare Peete na, warna kantaap lagake thikane layenge tumhaar dimag."

"Listen, idiot! Take care of her. Don't strike her, otherwise I would thrash you."

Jaswant declared, shaking his shoulders, to acquire his attention.

"Hum kauno shaadi waadi nahi kar rahe hai. SAMJHE AAP LOG?"

"I'm not going to marry anyone, UNDERSTOOD ALL OF YOU?"

Dhanraj bawled, making everyone flinch, by virtue of his heavy and dominating voice.

Jaswant slapped his cheek, harshly enough to tilt his face to a side, and he came back to his senses. Realising the depth of the situation, he preferred running back to his room.

Aradhya knew that he was hungry, and had come here to eat something, so she asked a servant to carry a plate of food to his room, but she didn't prefer going there herself, something that could have healed Dhanraj to some extent.

Nobody could question Jaswant Singh Thakur's decision, so everything happened as it was planned. The day of Dhanraj's marriage arrived, and the mansion was bedecked like a new bride.

Jaswant and Jairaj, along with Dhanraj, who was dressed as a groom, advanced to Ragini's village, seated in the Fortuner. The documents that held the information regarding the land, that was being gifted to Guddu Singh, had already been given to him.

Many of their men, also followed them, with rifles and guns in their hands, seated comfortably in their respective cars and jeeps.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••