31. The Rainy Night 🌶️

"How did you know that

"How did you know that.....that I got embellished for you?"

I asked, breaking the hug. My arms still wrapped around his torso.

"I had called Kaaki in the evening!"

He groaned, and my eyes widened with astonishment.

"What?"

I asked, blinking repeatedly.

"Jaana, I called you, but your phone was unreachable so I called her and she informed me how beautifully you were bedecked in red saree for me, and to be honest I was quite excited to see you in that, but the moment I cast a glance at you, I understood that you must be scared of me or the sexual activities, and it is obvious too, so I didn't say anything."

He informed me, my eyes turned teary at that moment. I sniffed, and wrapped my arms around his nape again. He understands me so much. How could I be such a fool? How could I think ill of him? He inflicted deep wounds on his body for the repentance, and I doubted him!

"I'm so sorry, thakur ji!"

I whispered, my tears were drenching his t-shirt. He was gently caressing my head.

"I'm genuinely angry this time, Jaana!"

He cooed me, in a teasing tone, but I was scared. What if he actually gets angry?

"I'm sorry! How can I calm your anger down?"

I enquired, gazing at him innocently. He leaned forward to bring his mouth near my ear.

"Wear the same red saree again, exactly like you had embellished yourself for me."

He groaned near my ear, his voice sent shivers down my spine, and he slurped on my earlobe, erupting butterflies in my stomach. I giggled and nodded.

"Give me some time."

I implored, and he went outside, after nodding. I quickly brought out the saree from the cupboard, and began decorating myself again. This time I left my hip length hair open, but didn't wear any make up. I know that he loves my simplicity so I don't need to apply these chemicals on my face to seduce him.

I just put a little amount of kohl under my eyes, and applied a home made pure lip balm on my lips. I gawked at myself in the mirror and blushed imagining him ogling me like this. My entire body felt like swaying in the air. I put my hand on my heart, and exhaled sharply.

He won't hurt you. He loves you, Ragini. No! His Jaana.

I straightened up, and suddenly a loud thunderbolt sound scared the shit out of me. Brontophobia is my one the biggest fears. Even when I used to stay in the village, I ran to my maasi during such times, so that I could hug her tightly.

'thunderclap'

Another sound! Oh no! I need someone, otherwise I will get a panic attack. I immediately ran out to find thakur ji, but he wasn't in the kitchen area too.