20. His Intoxication 🌶️

Ragini POV

My cheek got hurt with Bade Thakur saheb's ring, when he smacked me harshly, pushing me to fall down on the floor.

"ARE YOU MAD?"

Balraj bhaiya bellowed at him. I turned back to witness what was happening, and Bhaiya began hitting the men who had come along with Bade Thakur saheb, followed by holding his collar and threatening him.

"Bhagwan se manayiga Dhanraj ko pata na chale, warna hum rishte ka lihaaz karte hai, wo nahi karega, aur jab baat Ragini pe aa Jaye tab to bilkul nahi karega."

"Pray to God that Dhanraj never comes to know about this, otherwise he won't give a fuck about the relationship you both are sharing, unlike me. And he gets quite aggressive when it comes to Ragini."

Ma helped me stand up, but I didn't lift up my gaze. I was frightened to the core. His father was gross, exactly like my father. I hope my husband gets well soon, he could never tolerate anyone hitting me like this.

"He is lying on the bed because of this stupid girl."

His father flared back at bhaiya, exasperating him further.

"He is going through regret, unlike you, who could never acknowledge his sins. At least my brother is becoming a human now. We should be grateful to Ragini."

Bhaiya asserted, leaving his collar with a jerk.

"If my sons succumbs to these wounds, I'm going to kill this girl."

Bade Thakur saheb declared, brushing off his collar and settling it properly. He left with his goons, without even looking at my husband. What kind of love was this?

Bhaiya immediately rushed to me, and cupped my cheeks.

"Don't worry, daughter. No one will harm you. Your brother is with you."

He exclaimed, touching the wound on my cheek gently. I hissed in response, he signalled the nurses to provide me the bandage, and they did so.

Jai Bhaiya brought juice for me and ma. Ma seemed shattered, and so did I.

"Ragini, please drink it. You have stay fit for Dhanraj."

Bhaiya cooed, sitting beside me, and I broke down in his arms.

"Bhaiya, I had forgiven him, still he punished himself. You know.....it was....it was a huge leather belt.....and it had metallic spikes embedded on it. His skin and muscles were torn..... because of that."

I sobbed, sniffing and hiccuping in between the cries. Bhaiya kept caressing me, and helped me slurp up the juice.

"He'll be fine, Ragini."

He kept consoling me, and helped me finish up the juice.

"Did his wound catch an infection?"

I quavered, wiping off my tears.

"No! But he will have to endure tremendous physical pain, because he is hurt gravely."

He informed me, and I sucked on my lower lips, anticipating the grievous ache he was going to suffer once he wakes up.

A complete week passed away, but he did not wake up. The doctors deliberately gave him the medicines that could aid his sleep, so that he doesn't bear the pain of those wounds.

My health was getting worse because I wasn't eating properly. I used to sob and cry miserably whenever bhaiya tried to feed me more than a few morsels.

The family members realised that only he could make me eat now, so the doctors did not give him barbiturates that day. My face had lost its glow, and I was crouching beside his bed, on the ground, placing my head near his chest, and my hand resting on his abdomen.