12. Proposal for another Marriage

Ragini POV

"I know that she will never be able to get comfortable around you, so I have decided......that she will get married again, to some other man."

She exclaimed, and he gazed at me, with widened eyes.

"WHAT?"

He yelped at his mother, and I flinched at my place. His voice is scary!

"Ma is right, Dhanu. She cannot get back to her family, and she cannot spend an entire life with you over here too, then what should we do? We can't waste her life like this. She deserves to be happy. She deserves another marriage."

Balraj bhaiya elucidated him, and he lowered his gaze. His deep breaths were audible to me, and his agitated gaze kept flickering here and there.

"What about Pappa? He won't agree to this."

He countered bhaiya, and bhaiya rolled his eyes.

"I'm the head of this family now, though that's only for the world. In reality, Ma will rule officially, and she wants to get Ragini married again."

Bhaiya asserted, leaving me astonished. I didn't know how I was supposed to respond in such a situation.

"What do you want, Ragini?"

Ma asked me, placing her hand on my shoulder, and I gulped. I managed to lift up my gaze and peep into his deep and darkened orbs, that spoke dominance and possessiveness. I don't know what he desires from me, but if his family is genuinely concerned about me, I should try my best to run away from him.

"I will agree to whatever the elders decide for me."

I mumbled, fear was evident in my voice. I did not cast a glance at him anymore. I knew he was angry, because his breath was audible to me.

Dhanraj POV

I did not know what the hell had started happening all of a sudden. I mean they all are right, that I do not deserve Ragini at all, but why was I getting so impatient about her second marriage?

Had I really fallen in love?

No! How can a heartless man like me fall in love? And even if it's true, I just don't deserve a pure soul like Ragini.

I cast a glance at her, bedecked in dark green saree, wearing red glass bangles, and a crimson red line of vermilion embellished the partition of her hairline. Her innocent eyes were gazing the floor, her lissom fingers were fidgeting and her plumpy petal soft lips were trembling insignificantly.

She is a Goddess covered in human flesh, whereas I am a Devil, who didn't even deserve a human birth, which I was wasting successfully.

Suddenly, all my wrong doings began troubling me again. Every time I gambled away my property, every woman I fucked, every bottle of alcohol I had consumed, every time I had sniffed upon a drug, or injected it into my body, to escape the reality, started tormenting my soul.

I could feel the same aura behind her that I had witnessed in the Narayan temple, and I felt like I was caged, with the chains of lust, greed, delusion, anger, frustration and agitation, and only she held the power to cut off those chains and take me to a place where only love and peace prevails.

I wanted her, not because I wanted to warm my bed, but I knew that she could heal something in me that even I didn't know was ruined. I don't want to be chained again. Please Narayan! Please accept me! Please give me the peace that I had yearned for.... Please don't take away the only blessing that I have right now - my Ragini.

"Balraj, ask Rajesh to visit the mansion this evening."

Ma asserted, and my gaze shifted to her, followed by coming back to Ragini, who didn't seem much affected by this proposal. I have broken her beyond repair! No, I don't deserve her.