62. The 'Milk' War 🌶️

Ch 63, 64 and 65 available on ScrollStack!

Pappa wanted ma to return within two weeks of Mandira's birth

Pappa wanted ma to return within two weeks of Mandira's birth. He booked the tickets, and began creating pressure on my mother. Being submissive in nature, she agreed instantly to go back to India. Ragini was bleeding, still she prepared everything of my mother's liking.

Within the last few days, we could know what she genuinely likes, since she had never revealed in the thakur's mansion, being frightened of my father.

Ragini cried bidding adieu to my mother. Even baby Mandira was weeping in her arms, as if she didn't want to leave her. In the last two weeks, my mother had been helping Ragini in all ways possible - from feeding and assisting her to massaging their bodies. Ragini was hesitant in the beginning, but ma convinced her for the oil massage. The women who deliver a baby needs such treatment for a few weeks.

I had joined the office again, and only ma was managing the home properly. Ragini did not like eating much, but ma ensured that she gets all the nutrients either through drinks or juices.

Mandira had also developed a cute bond with ma. She loved to play with her, but all these routines were about to come on a halt because of my bastard father, who cannot see us happy.

I finally reached the airport with my mother, and we mount down the car to get inside.

"You can't come over here. Only the passanger needs to go inside, right?"

She asked me, cupping my cheeks. Her eyes dwelled up with tears.

"I'll manage it, Ma. You need me. Let's go."

I asserted, pecking her palm lovingly.

"No! You've taught me so much over here. I could never feel the outer world being confined within those four walls, but I've learnt a lot here. I've become strong and independent now. Let me handle it all by myself. This will aid my confidence."

She declared, with pride and confidence in her eyes. My chest puffed up with pride. I handed over the luggage to her. It wasn't too heavy. I touched her feet, and she pecked my forehead before disappearing into the crowd. I kept waving my hand to her until she was visible.

Unlike the previous time, my mother was stronger and smarter now. She went inside the airport all alone, and managed everything properly - from security check to mounting up the aircraft.

She flew back to India, blessing us immensely. She wanted us to return as soon as possible. Well I had same plans too, but I was unsure about when we should go back.

I came back to the mansion where my Jaana and my baby were playing cutely. She was chirping with her mother.

"Come on, Jaana. I'm hungry."

I groaned, perching beside the babygirl.

"Okay! I am serving the food."

Ragini mumbled, trying to get up, but I held her wrist before she could straighten up.