5. The Lion Returns

Author POV

Akarsh tested Dhanraj's blood, and as expected, his blood showed the presence of libido enhancers. He immediately dialed Jairaj's number and informed him everything.

Jairaj, on the other side of the call, crouched under shock. He broke into uncontrollable sobs, and all he wanted was, support, that only his eldest brother could give him, at this moment.

Aradhya was devastated, analysing Ragini's condition. She was breathing, but her body seemed lifeless. Her face had turned pale. Cotton thongs, soaked in medicines were installed on her core.

Aradhya touched her henna inked hands slightly, and tears rolled down her eyes, deciphering the hopes a woman carries in herself, when she gets married to a man.

She closed her eyes, and her past started flashing before her eyes, but unlike Ragini, she had no one to ask her how much it hurt. She was a virgin too, but Jaswant had forced himself on her quite brutally. He kept taking rounds on her, even when she had flaked out, on their wedding night.

She scooched on the floor, and broke into silent sobs. She began cursing her parenting, and her attitude of ignoring Dhanraj since beginning.

.

.

.

.

Jairaj rushed to the room where Dhanraj was resting. He walked inside and saw him scuffling with himself to doze, but the severe headache he was having, prevented him from sleeping.

"Bhaiya...bhaiya...come to the hospital with me. You need medicines."

Jairaj quavered, but Dhanraj pushed him, as his headache was transcending the tolerance level.

"Anhhh!"

Jairaj fell on his back, and straightened himself up again, to request his brother.

"Chalo na bhaiya please...ek to itne bhari ho uthte bhi nahi ho."

"Please come with me bhaiya.... you're so heavy that I can't even budge you."

Jairaj grumbled, and began hauling Dhanraj towards the main entrance of the mansion. Dhanraj came on his own feet, after a few minutes of being dragged, and strolled behind Jairaj, to their car.

Dhanraj got seated on the passenger seat, and Jairaj drove him to the pathology, where his blood was being tested, under the observation of Dr. Akarsh Mishra.

All the way, Dhanraj kept bellowing, as his headache was worsening. Within fifteen minutes, both of them reached the pathology. Akarsh came out, and helped Jairaj carrying Dhanraj inside the laboratory.

Dhanraj was made to sit on the sofa, and Akarsh injected the pacifying medicine into his veins, to calm down the effect of that drug. He was given some pills to swallow, alongwith water. He slept after a few moments, and Jairaj came back to the mansion, to look after his mother, bhabhi and the most awaited guest - his eldest brother.

.

.

.

.

Dhanraj POV

I was feeling like hell, as if I had travelled to some other dimension. My head felt like bursting into pieces. I could see blurred images of a beautiful woman, screaming and whimpering in pain, but I had no idea of who she was.

It became burdensome for me to lift up my lashes, since it felt heavy. My opening eyes registered a familiar place, but it wasn't my home.....oh! It is Akarsh's pathology, but why was I here?