54. Ball 🌶️

Ch 55-59 are available on ScrollStack!

"Excuse me, ma'am."

A young man stood tall before me, and I nodded at him, signalling him to continue.

"Would you like to be my partner once the ball resumes. I really want to dance with you."

He asked politely. I glanced at my husband who was sitting right beside me, glaring at him with a befuddled gaze.

"Um...yes!"

I muttered, and he suddenly glanced at me, with widened confused eyes.

Let's tease him!

I straightened up, but Thakur ji held my wrist. I turned back to steal a glance of him.

"Come on, Jaan. It's just a dance."

I blurted out in a cooing voice, and went away with the man, entangling my fingers with him.

We stepped into the dance floor and he wrapped his arm around my waist. Though it felt a little uneasy, but his touch wasn't bad. I kept my palm on his shoulder, and we began swaying.

I stole a glance of my husband, who was glaring at me dangerously, as if he wanted to devour me raw.

Ahh! I love this face of his.

We kept dancing for a few minutes until I heard a loud thud, as if someone fell on the ground.

The man instantly left me, everyone stopped swaying. A lady had fallen down on the ground, and when I looked at her closely, I found out that she was none other than Mrs Smith.

Manjeet ji was standing a little away from me, so I walked to her holding my gown carefully.

"What happened to her? She looks so pale."

I asked, leaning close to her ear.

"I don't know. The day you guys left her apartment, her health began deteriorating as if someone cursed her. And now, she is on the verge of dying."

She informed me, and my eyes widened with shock.

"Narayan! Narayan!"

I whispered, praying to my deity within my heart.