14. A Night spent together

Ragini POV

"Ragini!"

He groaned, and I flinched. His voice is naturally raspy and hoarse, so I had adjust with this tone now.

"What happened, Ragini?"

He called me out again, bringing back my attention to him. Without uttering any word, and keeping my gaze low, I strolled to him.

He didn't say anything until I sat before him. My breath calmed down gradually, and I finally established an eye contact with him.

"What happened, Ragini?"

He enquired. I glistened my lower lips before muttering

"I'm scared......I can't sleep alone."

He looked down, and cleared his throat before mumbling

"But.....you are scared of me too!"

I did not have any exact explanation of my feelings, so I spoke what was truth

"I don't know. I just felt safe around you...... today."

He exhaled deeply, and his gaze wavered a few times before getting fixed at my face.

"Ragini, only if you feel comfortable, stay with me."

The last words were muttered in his breath, but I could listen to them. I forwarded my hands and entangled my fingers with his.

"Why don't you use mattress and pillow?"

I asked curiously, looking around, a pile of mattresses and a few pillows were kept there, near a wall, over a carpet.

"Umm...I just...I just find this better."

He lied to me. I could decipher this gazing at his expressions, but what is the real reason?

"Fine! I will also sleep on this mat."

I whispered, settling myself close to him.

"No, no, no Ragini! You will not sleep on the hard floor. I am getting the mattresses and pillows for you."

I glared at him, at the mention of word 'you', and he corrected himself immediately

"For us!"

I smiled gently, and held his wrist the moment he stood up.

"I am habitual to this. I have been sleeping on hard floors all my life."

I stated, gazing at his handsome face. He is undoubtedly handsome, brawny and masculine, but his behaviour and habits are problematic. He kneeled again, without breaking the intense eye contact, that was somehow hallucinating me.

"Your father didn't give you any mattress?"

He interrogated, his question reminded me of my condition in that hut, and my eyes turned weepy impromptu. I made my lips wet using my tongue, followed by shaking my head, with a lowered gaze.

"But you will have to sleep on soft mattresses over here, got it?"

He turned a little dominating. I could feel that he wished to lighten up my mood. I nodded at his words, and left his wrist, to let him fetch the mattress and pillows.

He yanked them on his shoulder, and brought it closer to the mat. I stood up to help him out, but he held my shoulder, and made me sit again.

"No! You sit. Let me do it."

I didn't argue anymore, and kept sitting like an obedient wife, like my father had instructed me. He did all the work, and asked me to lie down beside him.