10. She got real Brothers

Author POV

Balraj and Aradhya went back to Ragini, and she was lying down comfortably. She was still not able to walk on her own, this is why a few female servants always accompanied her.

"Bhaiya!" Ragini whispered, gazing at Balraj, who had entered the room silently, so that she doesn't get disturbed, but she had already sensed his presence.

"Dekho hum apni behen ke liye kya lekar aye hai!"

"See what I have got for my sister."

Balraj cheered, and Ragini managed to sit straight, gawking at the tray that Balraj was carrying.

He took a seat beside her, and Aradhya also came inside, following him.

Ragini gawked at the tray, with sparkling eyes. A lot of chocolates were kept there - dairy milk, KitKat, milky bar, 5 star, dark chocolate, Nestle, melody and whatnot.

She could already feel water in her mouth, and she gulped it, restraining herself from showing her happiness, as she was taught to behave like a mature person before her in-laws.

"Which one does my little sister want?"

Balraj cooed Ragini, and she lowered her coy gaze.

"I'm not a kid, bhaiya. I should not be eating all this."

Ragini muttered, and Balraj frowned. He caressed her head gently, and mumbled.

"But you are a younger sister for me, and as per scriptures, younger brother's wife is like a daughter, so in that way, you are my daughter too, so you can for all this from me anytime."

Balraj elucidated Ragini, and Aradhya smiled, looking at the beautiful bond that was establishing gradually.

"But you should also be strict bhaiya. She needs nutrients. Ask her to finish up the porridge oats first, only then she will get the chocolates, otherwise I'll finish them off."

Jai bawled, entering the room, and Aradhya chuckled a little.

"He is right, Balraj. Feed her the porridge oats first."

Ragini, who was craving for the chocolates, did not say anything, and lowered her gaze again.

"Fine, I'll do that."

Balraj assured everyone, and picked the porridge bowl. He mixed it up well, and forwarded the spoon to Ragini, but not before blowing air on it, so that it cools down.

Ragini observed his gestures with a side eye, and her eyes turned teary. She had never experienced such love and care in her own family, that she was receiving here. Her father used to thrash her every other day, but never in her whole life, he showed such concern towards her.

"Eat it, child!"

Balraj muttered, and Ragini came out of those painful memories. She smiled and parted her lips obediently, taking the morsel in her mouth.

Balraj kept feeding her like she was his daughter, and she consumed all of it within a few minutes. Jai and Aradhya were happy to observe that she was recovering in their loving presence.

Balraj gave the empty plate to the servant, and she went away with it. Everyone had forgotten about the chocolates, but Ragini's eyes were stealing glances of it, waiting for someone to offer it to her.

"Arre bhabhi, ab aap chocolate kha sakti ho."

"Hey bhabhi, now you can have the chocolates."

Jai cheered all of the sudden, and Balraj immediately offered all the chocolates to Ragini.

"Do they taste different?"