13. Ragini Witnesses his Wrath

Warning ⚠️ : mentions of bloodshed and cuss language.

Ragini POV

"Nobody will come to know where you got disappeared."

He whispered near my ear, and I broke into silent sobs. The moment his lips attacked my neck, I prayed to my Lord again, and that's when Thakur Ji's roaring voice was harked by us.

"HOW DARE YOU?"

I pivoted my head into his direction, only to witness his red infuriated eyes, that frightened me more. Rajesh ji left me immediately, and tried to run away, but his passage got blocked by thakur ji.

I straightened myself up, that seemed difficult at that moment, and suddenly, Rajesh ji's head was banged on the wall.

"Anhhhhhhhhhhh!"

I screamed terribly, observing a stream of blood gushing out of his head. The waiters, visitors, manager of the cafe, everyone assembled around us.

I felt miserable, noticing that I was standing before them with a torn blouse. I immediately covered my bicep with the free end of the saree, and another shriek escaped Rajesh's mouth.

"Sooryyyyyy! Bhaiyaaaaa!"

I flinched, and collided with the wall behind me. I couldn't move away now, unwillingly forced to witness this bloodshed and his wrath.

"Saale! Haraamkhor! Himmat kaise hui Teri hamari patni ko darane ki..hn?"

"Bastard! Asshole! How dare you scare my wife...hn?

He bellowed, making my heart race like a mad horse. It was just managing to not pop out of my chest.

"I'll kill you, motherfucker! I'll fucking kill you. I asked you.....I had told you to treat her like a Goddess, and this is what you did? Saying that she is habitual of it?"

He kept blabbering, while he was thrashing Rajesh's head on the wall, turning it into a dark red mess. Droplets of blood had fallen on the sofa and the table. His white shirt, navy blue tie and black overcoat were also damped in blood now.

Rajesh kept asking for mercy, but my forced animalistic husband had already turned monstrous, so there was no chance to stop him.

"Bhaiyaaaa! Bhaiya! Stop....He is a police officer. We will see to it later. Please stop."

A man held him from behind, and implored him to stop. I scrutinized properly to recognise that he was Arjun bhaiya, the inspector friend of Jai bhaiya.

"NOOO! I'LL FUCKING KILL THIS BASTARD!"

He bawled again, hauling the life out of me. I did not lift up my gaze again, but my attention was caught by a few people whispering behind me.

"Inka abhi tak gussa utra nahi...yaad nahi gaav me gadar macha aye the."

"His anger hasn't subsided yet... remember how badly he had behaved in the village."

A woman mumbled. I focussed my attention to them, to eavesdrop their conversation. What did he do in the village?

"Ram! Ram! Paap khud Kia aur maar daala un becharo ko. Bade log hai, sarkaar bhi inki hai, yahi hoga na."

"Ram! Ram! He committed the crime himself, but killed those innocents. They are powerful people, their rule reigns over the state, this is bound to happen."

Another one whispered, and that is when my heart sank deeper. Did the man I was married to, kill innocent people too? What else is left to be suffered by me?