9.

A/N : I'd like to express my gratitude 😊to lovely readers for considering 'As The Pink Blush Appeared' as a worthy read. Please listen to this song. Older version of 'Ek Ladki Ko Dekha' by Kumar Sanu. I don't know why but I thought this matched with the current thoughts of Saanvi. Read on! 

Saanvi woke up and went towards the mirror. She ruffled her already messy hair. She put on her sneakers and hopped down the flight of stairs leading outside the hostel building. She walked for a few more minutes and went inside the 'CoZy CaFeTeRiA'. She was definitely a coffee addict. She felt weak every morning and coffee was the restorative which pulled her out of the exhaustion. As she went inside, the lady behind the desk smiled at her warmly. Saanvi sat at her usual seat while the lady punched the order, "One espresso, less sugar." Saanvi found an engaging magazine with a highlighted article titled as, "Studies Have Found That Stem Cells...." 

Suddenly, she heard a scream and a feminine hiss. She turned her head towards her right to see a waitress who was trembling and looking down at the broken shards of glass and deep brown liquid on the floor. Saanvi noticed that her white coloured apron was stained in brown coffee stains. She immediately got up from her seat and rushed towards the waitress. "I am sorry, I'm really clumsy. I'm sorry. Please seat, I'll get you another coffee right away. I sorry, I'm so sorry," and the girl kept apologising and got all panicked. Saanvi had to hold her hands together and calm her down. "Shh! It is okay, are you hurt?" Saanvi asked the girl. The girl was too stunned to speak. She followed Saanvi as she dragged her towards the wash basin. Then the girl insisted on bringing her another coffee drink. Saanvi was worried but agreed with the girl. 

Saanvi asked the girl to sit on the chair across her and they both start talking. Saanvi questioned the girl, "It's your first day working here, isn't it?" The girl in turn stared at her wide eyed, "How do you know this?" "It was easy to guess from the way you were freaking out," Saanvi replied. Sometime later the girl became more comfortable and started talking with Saanvi. She said, "Do you know that I thought you were a guy, somebody from affluent family, full of arrogance and owning those swanky cars?" Saanvi didn't know how to react on that. She just kept looking at the big portrait hung on the wall behind the girl. The girl started to panic again, "Oh no! I'm sorry; I didn't mean to offend, oh, how I could be so reckless! I'm so sorry." Saanvi chuckled and said, "I-uhm I didn't quite know how to reply to that." "By the way, what is your name?" "Me? I'm Meena. It was very nice to meet you." "Right, Meena, I was glad to see you. I'll leave now."

Saanvi went back to her hostel. It was still 7:30 a.m. She went to the sports arena and saw a group of girls playing badminton. She quick jogged towards them and asked if she could play with them. She hadn't played any sport in ages. She removed her spectacles and got hold of the racket. She was not really doing well while giving services initially but later she caught up. After a good match, she returned to her room and took a long shower. She then satiated her growling stomach with some almond milkshake and potato stuffed sandwiches. She opened her PC and began typing some articles and stuff. Finally, she headed down for lunch at 12:30 p.m. She served herself with some aloo ki sabji, bhindi ki sabji, one roti, some rice and daal and a sweet, which was kheer. As soon as she took the first bite, she was reminded of certain someone, who was an ardent lover of aloo ki sabji. She sighed as the picture of smiling Manjiri flashed before her eyes. Aargh! Why was she missing her almost every day? Only a few more hours and she'd see Manjiri again. Why, why was she so eager to see her again? She didn't know the answers. She didn't really care about what would happen in the future. The present was very alluring for her; she found a new joy, a new happiness and her heart swell whenever Manjiri's face brightened even more after she complimented her just for little things.