16.

Saanvi sighed deeply. Every time Manjiri touched her hand, she felt shocking waves coming up through her body and how mesmerising that was. But no, she couldn't let her mind wander about like that. Manjiri's very presence was breathtaking but Saanvi, Saanvi come back to your sense; that was an unwarranted zone and would land both of them in a big trouble. She briefly closed her eyes and groaned internally as Manjiri again examined her wound.

Saanvi was left in utter bewilderment when Manjiri asked her if they could meet and talk. She stood there contemplating. The aroma of samosa from the canteen became distant and Saanvi stood there, unable to speak, move or even understand anything. She could only see Manjiri's smile and the radiance on her face. Suddenly, the bell rang shrilly; pulling Saanvi out of her trance. She quickly turned on her heels and rushed to the washrooms. She got into a stall and tried to even out her breathing. Saanvi, that's bad, that's very bad. She went on thinking to herself.

Healthcare, oh, Saanvi was to be doomed now. She went to the class and thanked all the powers present in the universe when she saw that the teacher had not arrived till then. She grabbed her bag and almost flew back to the last seat. She then slumped on the desk, drained out completely after trying to get her crazy heart in place. She wondered what pheromones did Manjiri let out which affected her so much. Oh and then, at the very moment, Manjiri came and sat beside her. Please, you idiot, stop going on that frenzy dance of yours, Saanvi pleaded her heart, hoping to bring down her abnormally high BP and she didn't suffer from hypertension. Just then the teacher entered and the class began. Names were called out for notebook submission. Of course, Saanvi's was incomplete but she was not wavered by it, instead she had a big goofy smile which she herself didn't realise. She was proud and glad that Manjiri was praised for the best notebook.

When Manjiri came backwith her notebook, Saanvi quickly complimented her. Then Manjiri's face turnedher favourite colour, that is, pink. Saanvi couldn't help adore this soft, cutegirl beside her, her blush made her feel elated. It was as if titration of Oxalicacid was going on against Sodium hydroxide with phenolphthalein as theindicator. Oh! Those careful additions led to appearance of perfect pink colour.Saanvi hoped, though, she was completely aware, she hoped that someday, justlike titrations, Manjiri would recognize this feeling of ecstasy, would findthis weird joy. Again why would this happen, if wrong acids and bases wereused, meaning were Saanvi and Manjiri supposed to be together the way she thought they could be? Ugh! It was all so confusing and the rush of oxytocins was not helping either. Damn you neurohypophysis! 

Saanvi told Manjiri that she'd stop by and play badminton that day. Manjiri nodded and smiled. Saanvi picked up her bag and ran out of the class, thinking, "Does this girl have any idea about what she's doing to me?" 

A/N : How many of you remember this song? It's a Bollywood song from the movie "Sholay" (1975). 

You see poor Saanvi's struggle while trying not to fall in love with Manjiri. Now, who would tell her that she's already fallen deeper than the Mariana Trench 🙄🤔😉 and now there is no way out? Will Manjiri also feel the same? Stay tuned and find out 🙄.