24.

"What are you laughing for?" Manjiri asked, slightly frustrated. She noticed Saanvi's messy hair was a little messier. But what shocked her the most was the huge cut on Saanvi's hand and the blood which was oozing out. She immediately flung open all the drawers and searched every shelf for the first-aid kit. "What were you trying to do to get this cut?" asked Manjiri in a stern voice as she took out the antiseptic, cotton and bandage. Saanvi shook her head indicating a 'no.' But Manjiri did not stop and administered the first-aid carefully while saying, "Don't worry I studied Healthcare with you. We were taught basic first-aid, remember ...." She continued but Saanvi was not paying any heed to it, well, she just couldn't.

Saanvi found herself gawking (?) at Manjiri as she wore her light yellow coloured hoodie and white trousers. Infact, Manjiri pulled it off so well that Saanvi couldn't resist herself and blurted out, "Do you have any idea how beautiful you are looking?" And instantaneously 'the stunning pink blush' appeared on Manjiri's squishy cheeks which Saanvi wanted to pull so desperately. "Okay, now explain," Manjiri said. Saanvi saw this coming, she wanted to pour her heart out, tell Manjiri how sorry she was, that she was so stupid, she couldn't see her in pain and that she loved her. She just wanted to embrace her. She then pulled out a folded paper from her pocket and handed it to Saanvi and bowed her down.

Manjiri took the paper and opened it to read when Saanvi gestured to do so. "Manjiri, I couldn't see your dreams shattering, they are definitely beautiful like snowflakes but I couldn't see them disappear before you even achieve them. I value them, I value you and I promise to support you, though I know you're a fierce lioness. I'm sorry ..." Manjiri had tears in her eyes as she folded back the paper. "I'll cook something for us, I'm sure you must not have eaten anything since morning," she said while wiping her eyes and cheeks with the back of her hands. She washed her hands and entered the kitchen. She took two onions and set on chopping them finely. She realised the shuffling of feet behind her. Soon, Saanvi stood in front of her with a glass of water in one hand and a hand-towel in the other. She couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Do you need my help?" Saanvi asked like a little child. Manjiri said, "Well, you can cut these onions here while I find the daal. Remember, cut them into small pieces, okay? 

Manjiri got confused as Saanvi ran out of the kitchen and came back with some measuring device. Upon seeing that Manjiri said, "Don't tell me you will be cutting those two onions after measuring them." She heard Saanvi say, "I'm sure this vernier caliper will give more accuracy." Then Manjiri doubled down in laughter and to Saanvi her laughter was full of seven harmonics. Once Manjiri sobered up, Saanvi suddenly asked, "Am I forgiven now?"

"You were long forgiven but right now we need to cook this food," said Manjiri. Maybe she was falling deeper, she was going crazier, if that was possible.

 A/N : Are re are yeh kya hua.....🎵🎵🥁🥁

Enjoy the melodious music and stay tuned 🤗