26.

Saanvi rushed to her room, or now theirs, that is, hers and Manjiri's shared room, which they started sharing since a long period of two years. She ran towards the bathroom and splashed some water on her face. Her breathing was ragged and her body shook as she got cold chills and perspiration. With her trembling hands, she somehow managed to hold the edge of the sink to steady herself. Manjiri, who noticed everything from the door, rushed to help her. Upon seeing her Saanvi was extremely happy and relieved. She opened her arms to embrace Manjiri. She knew only that would calm her down.

Manjiri was slightly confused but embraced Saanvi. She felt sad after seeing the condition of Saanvi, she was used to seeing her wearing a beautiful smile and jumping around excitedly. She was also angry at whatever made her depressed and anxious like this. After some time Saanvi composed herself and nodded at her, as if to convey a 'thank you'. Manjiri saw Saanvi slowly going towards bed while the unshed tears were glistening in her eyes. 

When Manjiri woke up the next morning, she realised that the other side of the bed was empty and cold. Now, where was the person who slept on that side of the bed? Manjiri got up and began a search mission as she looked for Saanvi in the balcony, in the kitchen and in the study. She couldn't find her. Where could she be? Manjiri decided to get ready and after that she sat in front of the dressing table to plait her hair. She smiled faintly as she recollected how Saanvi untangled her hair partially from the plait in which they were tied in. But where was this girl again?

Then suddenly Manjiri found something under the box of her tika. It was a neatly folded piece of paper. "Must be left by Saanvi," thought Manjiri as she opened the chit. Now, why did this girl always leave tiny chits in her running handwriting behind her? The one found by Manjiri then read - "Manjiri, I won't be here till 10 p.m. I'm sorry something urgent came up." Now that worried Manjiri because she knew nothing would come up so urgently in ABC. And of course, J would call her first thing in the morning. J and Saanvi, both of them worked in ABC. Or was it really that urgent that both of them couldn't tell her prior? Manjiri shook her head and proceeded to the kitchen to see Saanvi's maasi. Honestly, she was slightly, alright, not slightly but quite scared of the older lady in front of her. She didn't know why but somehow the maasi looked like she would use the knife she was cutting fruits for something else. After that Manjiri and maasi didn't have any interaction, and how glad she was with that!

Saanvi woke up at 3:30 a.m, well, she couldn't catch a good night's sleep. It was a holiday and how she wanted to spend it with the girl lying on the other side of the bed! But the events of the day might unfurl the way she would never want them to, she was afraid she'd ruin it all. Sighing, she got up and got ready. She decided to keep a note for Manjiri that she'd be occupied the whole day but she hated doing that. She looked at the sleeping figure, the smooth and silky which were partially untangled from their plaited form. She smiled a little and silently left. It seemed like twenty years had passed before the clock in ABC reception finally struck 8 a.m in the morning and Homo sapiens sapiens started trickling slowly. Well, she had nothing to do and that bored her out of her mind. As the staff started coming in, she straightened herself and her white apron. Though she'd nothing to do with IPD, she went in to check the vitals. She'd hand over the reports later to the CMO.

Saanvi rolled her eyes when J entered and said, "I rarely see you here on a holiday, I mean is there an emergency case I don't know about?" "Hello to you too, and nope, nothing came up," Saanvi replied. Soon they were in the cafeteria and Saanvi got herself a cup of black coffee, to which J questioned how could she even consume such a bitter concoction. Saanvi smiled and continued sipping her favourite beverage. 

A/N : How cute the tulip night light in the above picture is! Keep enjoying readers. 🤗