25.

Note that there's a change in timeline here, it's almost 6 years after Saanvi brings Manjiri to her home.

It was Sunday and Saanvi and Manjiri were at home. Saanvi was munching upon her breakfast and plopped down on the sofa. She was mindlessly scrolling through various social media platforms. Manjiri was also sitting on the sofa but she was more focused on her favourite TV show. Suddenly she got up and said while startling Manjiri, "Okay, let's clear your closet." "How did this come up on a peaceful Sunday?" asked Saanvi, a little baffled. But Manjiri pushed her towards her room while she kept protesting.

Soon, a massive heap of clothes, a box of watches and perfume bottles with woody, musky and spicy fragrances were pulled out. Manjiri pulled out another box full of books. She opened one ant traced over the writing and the diagrams in it. She then came across a page with a number of squares and asked Saanvi about it. "Oh, this is a Punnett square, we find out the different possibilities of offsprings as per their traits. This one is for skin colour," Saanvi replied as she continued cleaning her coin collection. Manjiri kept on going through the books but a book with stiff cover and amazing scent on its pages gravitated her towards itself. She opened a page and read it with utmost attention. 

 The Punnett square 👆

"Wow," exclaimed Manjiri, bringing the attention of Saanvi towards herself. "You're an amazing poet, Saanu and look at yourself you never told me," she continued. "Uh- uh- uhm.... uhm.... It's j-j-just random," Saanvi somehow stuttered while she rubbed her nape with her left hand and her face burned and ears turned pink. Manjiri couldn't help but chuckle. 

The poem written by Saanvi 👆

And soon they were running after each other, laughing without a care. 

Manjiri sat down on the sofa again, her breathing slightly uneven due to the running she did seconds ago. She closed her eyes and reclined her head back on the sofa, thinking about Sunday, she'd definitely enjoy it for lifetime, heck, this, right here, was love. She couldn't stop herself from staring into those chocolate brown eyes of the girl next to her. It was almost as if she were watching a rainbow slowly coming up from behind the clouds and smiling at the colourful flowers. It was so alluring.

Their staring contest was interrupted by the shrill sound and Manjiri jumped up from the couch turning pink. Saanvi again resumed rubbing her nape, which Manjiri noticed was something she often did if she was shy. Aargh! Could Saanvi get any cuter?

Manjiri went towards the door and was surprised to see the person standing there. Saanvi followed her lead and was shocked to see the individual standing at the door. If this were some soap opera, Saanvi was sure, the twenty minutes for which they were standing at the door would be something like this, a zoom in on her stunned face with black & white effects unnecessarily plopped in between, and then of course the backdrop of thunderclap and all that before the classic 'dhoom tana dhoom tana' began. She didn't know if she could snicker at her description and practically dead humor. "Heck Saanvi, Saanvi, what is wrong with your brain, you can do this, wake up," Saanvi kept on mentally reassuring herself. That was when the individual at the door roared, well, the amplitude of the voice was exponentially high. Slowly Saanvi felt a tiny, soft hand slipping into hers. She held it tightly, as if trying to brace herself and the dainty girl beside her for what was coming ahead. 

A/N : Sorry, but I couldn't keep away from this weird description of the soap operas. And I know my handwriting in the two pictures above is not even closer to being good but it should be legible, I think. 😅