chapter twenty

Night One:

I recall waking up in the dead of night, middle of the woods. I call out "anybody out there?" My voice echoed. Grasshoppers made soft chirping noses while fireflies flew above are stilled pond. Floating were lilly pads gently rocking back and forth like I used to rock Aiyn when he was a baby or if he had a nightmare i would rock him.

I laid down beside the pond lazily moving his hand through the water. As I got comfortable I began to feel a welcoming presence sitting nearby my head petting me? I weirdly felt safe here. Nothing except for my peace of mind and nature surrounding me, nothing could destroy this moment.

Suddenly I hear sounds of high pitch squeals approaching fast! I jumped up sprinting as fast as I could. I felt quite uneasy which I never do. I subtly peer behind finding a tall demonic creature. I recall in that prior moment I went sprinting into a tree landing me out cold, laying there helpless as the creature approaches slowly walking towards me.

Shutting my eyes I begin to have the same presence by me. I felt my body give into relaxation. Believing this all to be a dream; I swear, why does this feel so.... Real? "Because you're in a dream dimension." That.... That whisper.... It sounds so real... Jolting awake I couldn't believe my eyes. "Aiyn?" The tall figure smiled. "Aiyn, I'm sorry-"

"Don't blame yourself, Dad. It wasn't your fault for not believing but now you're here, it's time to forgive yourself." Satan never heard those words. He asked what he meant by 'forgive yourself'. Aiyn flew away. Running to catch up Satan saw a red gate gleaming.

Continue to follow Aiyn they came upon a small cabin. " I'll guide you through night one. After you're on your own." Looking down trying to use his powers. "Oh and another thing is you're not allowed to use your powers." Scratching the back of his head.

Upon entering the small cabin the place was lit with just a single candle. Sunlight shined through the window. A note taped to the side table. Satan skimmed over it before seeing Aiyn transform into a crow flying till sitting on a shelf.

"We'll start with your routine. Check your list." Taking a closer glance at the house. Step one: know your cabin. Getting to know your trapping was a crucial step to know even if it wasn't necessary now doesn't mean you shouldn't be aware of your area.

Satan sat on the fuzzy carpet listening closely to every last word. Each night, there'll be a monster or two prowling these grounds in the dead of night. When asked about this Aiyn constantly wanted to avoid further conversation on that topic. Satan became rather suspicious.

David farming next, learning how to supply food was another crucial process Satan needed to survive these upcoming nights. The five plants he's going to need to go is apples, watermelon, sunflowers, plus banana. On this land everything grows rapidly so you never get bored.

Peering in the sky the sun began to set meaning Satan will experience his first night. Hearing those loud squeals again Satan ran inside. Having his back to the door he felt sighs of relief.

He'd sat there for a few more moments when he saw a candle go out by itself. Moving back the last candle went out. Now pitch black, Satan sat against the wall hearing his own shallow breaths, in the Dead silence peeked small taps on the closet door.

I spun back to be met with constant loud bangs coming from inside. Satan turned away heading to the bed. Hiding under the weighted covers he could feel as if there was standing over him. Satan attempted not to move when he felt something slowly creep up his leg looking like he saw a hand crawling.

"What the fuck!" Terrified out of his wits he quickly scooted back falling off the bed with a thud. Spotting out of separate human head cover in fresh blood and still moved. His eye sockets were oozing streams of blood as he noticed there's no body to this lying around.

The hand began to tug at his leg right before pulling him roughly under the bed. Screaming, scraping the floorboards beneath.

Overwhelmed by the recurrences and noises happening at once. "Why are you doing this to me?" Shouting through his tears he hears a soft 'hum' sound coming from behind. Spinning around the noise sounded from his opposite doing this again the 'hum' noise now next to his ear.

"So your 'hum' or are you still fucking with me!" Becoming more hostile in tone. Blankly stood in complete Black when a small drop came from above giving below a short glow with each ruffle. Mesmerized by this Satan begins to relax. Walking as the glows went further and further away, he follows behind absent-minded on where he's trailing to.

He followed till heading to this hanging jeweled curtain as if there stood an invisible doorway where they can hang from. Move beside those, Satan stumbled upon this gem full of power floating above this platform greatly shining red. Wanting to see closer he removed it causing a crack to appear. Realizing the mistakes Satan once again spent it out there, in that very moment of angry emerged from the blackness.

"Who DARE rob me of my gem!" The creature came rushing towards me very hot headed. Playing towards the portal I leave just in Time closing just seconds before the monster could reach me.

I hid the gem somewhere safe before grabbing my lantern and lighting it up so I could check on my crops. Walking outside I couldn't help but feel like somebody's keeping their eyes locked on me. I'm well aware that an unknown creature possibly almost ended my life and that my body is still shaken from it.

Walking all doors and windows I head into bed very overprotective of myself. After being all right to sleep now I didn't stop rethinking my choices. Should I return the gem? What happens if the gem already creates a portal? What if that creature comes again because of it?

These didn't stop popping up in my head. Eventually I got myself to calm down and fall asleep not wanting to deal with this till tomorrow. For now I just need to make it to the second day.