chapter thirty seven

The next morning came around when there were a dozen people waiting for the train. A police officer cowboy spotted Mammon who was in the way of many citizens wanting to sit on the benches although couldn't because of where he slept.

Coming over to Mammon, the cowboy kicked Mammon a couple times. He flattered his eyes open confused by what's happening. "Son, what are you in tarnation's doing here sleeping? Don't you bloody know better?" The cowboy shouted. Taking a closer examination he asked. "Are you from anywhere around here son?" Mammon saying 'no'. The cowboy said, "well then partner, let's get you all cleaned up at the sheriff's office."

Helping Mammon off he brought him to the sheriff deputy, Cole, toughest sheriff in town. Dropping off Mammon in front of the police station he gathered his thing and headed inside. Once inside the station Mammon was greeted by the sheriff.

"Well howdy there partner, what brings you to my station?" Mammon was a bit uneasy to say you release as talking to the accounts toughest sheriff made him remember his older brother Satan (who's the strongest + toughest out of everyone).

"Well... I-"

"Don't stutter my boy!"

"Okay, my apologies. I was dropped off here by one of your officers since I'm not from here."

The sheriff said. "Very well. Let's get you cleaned up and your belongings dealt with." following the sheriff down the hall and up some stairs he hands him the key and says "you'll be staying at the station son. This means you'll be needing to work to pay rent son, so you're gonna be working here, got it cowboy?" Nodding his head Mammon enters to find a room in total shreds.

Placing his things down by the door he starts getting to work gathering all the liquor bottles, trash and pieces of glass. Once all that was completed Mammon moved into cleaning the stains off the floor by hand using whatever was on deck at that moment. After endlessly scrubbing and tidying Mammon was finally able to go wash up and get ready for work.

Taking a bath in a basin filled with hot water Mammon boiled over the indoor fireplace. He poured it in and hopped in.

During this time shivers and both his parents sat at home around the kitchen table. Both parents had a sorrow-like look painted on their face, without saying a word they split a piece of paper forward. Washing intensely he picked up the paper unfolding it to find what was inside.

His eyes widened, covering his mouth to hold back his tears. "We hope you're happy son. We felt best to keep you within our community so we set you up with Liselotte Grīmahildiz another royalty from back home."

Shivers tightly curled his hands into a fist grinding his teeth together. Pushing himself away from the table he stood up having his hands flat on the table.

As his father went to comfort Shivers he slammed his hands on the table. "I'll fucking kill her! I'm marrying another person already?" Showing their engagement rings. "That fucking whore-tramp, whatever you like to call her can going kill her bitchy self because I'm already engaged."

His mother yells back. "Well stop seeing satan's little rat then we'll talk but you're getting married if you like it or not, young man!"

"No, no I'm not!" His mother fell back crawling away from her son. "I'm an ancient God Mutter (mother/mom=Mutter) okay?! I already have kids who are on the way."

His mother said softly "what?" Terrified of what she was hearing as well.

Her son's darkness grew highly dangerous. His father tried stabbing his own son but doing that made shivers turn his head 90°. Raising his and his father's neck was sliced halfway deep before being thrown out the window.

"I fucked king Aiyn and I don't regret being a father in about seven more months so yeah I'm going to stay and raise my kids with them!" Those were the last words before Shivers disappeared. His mother shouted "wait!" But it was too late, shivers had gone plus her husband who was taken to the hospital was gone.

Back with Mammon, he was training to be an officer. Shooting at bottles sheriff Cole clapped. "well done son, keep this up and you'll be a sheriff in no time!" He chuckled as he patted Mammon's back. "It's almost night son, how about you get some rest tonight then tomorrow you'll start." Walking back upstairs you lazy took off his work clothes before lying in bed and staring at the dull ceiling.

He laid there for what felt like ages but couldn't sleep. As he doesn't move any muscles he tries in ambitious sleep though it never came so he decides to go out for a nice walk through the town since nobody will be out so he's left alone.

Write us he was on the mist of leaving allowed boom snapped his attention to outside. Mammon ran over to his window and saw these bombs being thrown at buildings. Searching for The Maniacs who did this he spotted masked cowboys writing what seems to be some sort of bull breed.

Need to stop them Mammon grabs his gun before pointing it at one of the bandits heads but as he's about to pull the trigger and a bomb flies up into his room. Running to duck behind his bathroom wall he turns to notice a mask criminal in his room.