chapter forty

29 miles was another town, bulls something. I think it was bulls run? Yeah, it's bulls run I passed and strangely enough each passing town I see is deserted yet people apparently live there? I can't stop and check but I find all of this weird.

First, a masked criminal gang Thomas and bombing the town Plus a criminal magically appearing in suddenly disappearing? Second, would be the man asking folks walking by if their name is Mammon or if they know a Mammon. Third, having an offer of 6.5 million dollars from some stranger. Fourth, the sun setting early four or more hours earlier than the last time. Fifth, the department being destroyed. Lastly, a man coming to us and saying his father was kidnapped.

All these can't be any struck of luck? It's probably just an elaborate scheme to something greater. Peeking out my window I saw it had set 8 hours before, I needed to stay awake so I didn't miss it. "Hey, you Mammon?" Turning around I saw a cowboy. As I was about to speak I said, "no sorry..." Watching him put his gun back into his belt.

I switched seats rather unsettled and confused. Why did he want me plus why do you pull out your gun? Or bandits after me and if that's the case then that leads me to ask why? I finally got off and my destination to be met with somebody already awaiting my arrival.

Turning away my tipped my head down before heading off to the description given. Wanting to end this hunk of bullshits life, I kicked open the door.

Storming in I headed to the front office in there Mammon hoped to find the kidnapped father.

Surprisingly though, he's not in there because that'll honestly be too easy and simple. Rummaging through the filing cabinets I picked up a red book with the #4 on it. I couldn't read the letters due to Black and mixed with some hard material to clean.

Flaming it onto the desk I go "fucking hell!" A bit frustrated. I recap again ensuring something isn't missing.

'why are you here#1
Get out while you still can#2
They all are evil#3
???#4
Won't ever stop the chase#5
Even#6
Even if you block#7
???#8
???#9
Shivers isn't trustworthy#10
Just like the others#11'

If I can't read #4 I'll keep it on my person till I can find something to get whatever this stuff is off. In the meanwhile I better get a move on before somebody comes back. As I went to walk out shivers stood in the doorway blocking my only way.

"Well hello again." Smiling evilly. I take extra caution when it comes to this man being around now.

"Well Mammon, I guess you know too much."

"Oh I know too much?! I know too much?!" Looking over I grab a cup of water.

"Don't you dare!" He growled.

"Make me." Throwing the water shivers screeched out in pain. Standing back I watched and fall onto his knees bringing up quickly before it started slowing down.

"What are you?!" Shivers glitched. Holding himself up he ran off covering his one eye. Going after Shivers I ran upstairs to drop his Butler ass into a dead end. I crept forward slowly backing Shivers into a corner.

Smiling where he has nowhere to go. Shivers suddenly falls back into a portal. Watching forward I just missed him. "Fucking no!" Banging his hands on the ground.

Getting up I suddenly was knocked out into the floor. Blurry I see a pair of shiny polished shoes. I glanced up at the figure to realize who it is. "Thank you forever to me that easily?" He smiled bending over me. "Fuck.... You..." Those were the last words before I was hit again.

"Fuck he never gives up does he?" Shivers asked turning to face Aiyn.

"Oh fucking hell no he doesn't." Aiyn looked down rubbing his belly.

"Well hopefully soon you'll give birth!" He cooed Aiyn's belly.

Aiyn giggled. "So do I honey."

Both left Mammon unconscious alone. Shivers helped Aiyn step through the portal before closing it up. After he shifted his attention over to Mammon. "Now to deal with you young man." Grabbing his gloves he pulled them up ready to move on to phase two of the plan.