chapter forty one

Amongst my cloudy, hazy, opaque vision I started waking up dazy. I couldn't quite make out their face, I wasn't absolutely sure on either it was Shivers or not. One part of me wanted to say yes but another part of me said no.

"Ugh, where am I? Why am I here?" Having woken up dazed Mammon's brain was a bit foggy from Shivers using chloroform on him. "Shivers, what's going on?" Trying to figure out where he was. Looking around having his vision blurry still he could only feel cold metal around both his wrist and ankles.

Trying to freely move his wrist when he heard shivers voice. "No no no Mammon! I don't need you to hurt yourself more." Feeling a prick in my arm I plan to see everything else grew clear. After sleeping a few more times my vision fully cleared up.

Looking over I see shivers sitting, riding away not concerned by any means. Mammon wanting to be really immediately demanded shivers do so but shivers shook his head rolling his eyes.

Standing up he lifted his head. "Well Mammon I wish I could be a higher power but it said I can't do so." Smiling as he talked.

Mammon looked in shivers eyes noticing red. This wasn't shivers, it's something making it look I like to Shivers. Attempting to break the chains he moved around crazily but it didn't work.

Seeing shivers walk away Mammon yelled. "You're a monster, you know that? Chaining me up for your own guilty pleasure! You just like to see people suffer." Shivers stopped.

Hearing those words yell at him made Shivers changed.... A...A monster? He began crying. Turning around shivers said. "I'm sorry! I can't stop it from taking control of me, the thing you see isn't me Mammon-it's.. it's." His voice started to change.

"It's what?"

"It's me!" Mammon realized shivers was being controlled like a puppet doing a higher deities work. Pulling out of syringe shivers ran towards him though just as shivers got too close somebody tranquilized him.

Mammon I'm sure what happened, he grabbed a small key using his mouth to open one of the locks. Once releasing his hand he freed the rest of himself finally able to move freely without restrictions. Having his feet touched all worked ground couldn't be more nice. But who tranquilized shivers?

"Wee!" Sounds of Cheers flooded the room. "Belphegor!"

"Mammon!"

Kitchen is slothy brother they can joined into a sibling hug. Tightly hugging, Mammon couldn't believe Belphegor was actually here. "Well no time no see, am I right?" Belphegor chuckled. Both embrace each other lovingly till they pulled apart.

"Belphegor, how did you manage to come here anyway."

"It all started when an angel asked me to bring your body into the 'lifeless cell' where they throw everyone into. After talking your body into the pile I decided to take a nap and I ended up here."

"That explains a lot."

"Yeah it does. And what was going on with shivers?"

"I don't know but all I can say is he's probably being manipulated by some sort of being more powerful than himself."

"So you're saying he's a puppet?"

"Yes. And we're probably next."

Leaving the room they needed to find the front entrance: fun there they need to access shivers laboratory and put #4 in its place unless there's a way to remove this black stuff.

Belphegor saw Mammon holding book #4. Taking out #8 and #9 which have the same black gop on it. Putting one and one together both understood that these contain answers to what they are experiencing which leads to the explanation behind everything happening.

Staring at each other Belphegor have an idea of how to get it off. Brushing to get inside shivers lab guards beyond galore were wandering the Halls meaning one wrong move can cost them both their lives.

Checking around the corner Mammon scoped out close to a dozen guards patrolling the area with lanterns so if they avoid the light then they're safe.

Seeing the trail Mammon went across first before hiding against the wall. Signaling for belphegor's turn, he quickly check the corner before he booked it across knocking Mammon over. "Brother!" He growled. "Sorry..." Hearing a guard approaching.

Trailing out from the corner it checked for a moment then went back to the hallway. Latched onto the ceiling boards they let go before Mammon flies off with Belphegor in tow.

Getting outside shivers lab Belphegor open the door and found a lit candle. placing it near the substance it began to melt away so doing this to all three books. Mammon carefully rearrange them to make the message clear.

'why are you here#1
get out while you still can#2
they all are evil#3
no matter what you do#4
they won't ever stop the chase#5
even#6
even if you block#7
their path#7
shivers will find his ways#9
Shivers isn't trustworthy#10
just like the others#11'

Reading it aloud both finished understanding now. The one question remained, who is they? Wandering forward from a mist the darkness stood for guardians of different powers plus ranks.

All hidden distinct from demon eyes. Mammon and Belphegor step away after I abruptedly in the bookcase showed up before moving down. Looking at each other Mammon went and seriously which made Belphegor worry. "Are you sure it's safe?" Belphegor said shaken.

"Oh, you're so scared Belphegor. Relax I'm sure everything's fine." Belphegor followed closely behind not quite easy on doing this sudden idea and being the lonely brain consisting of one brain cell idiot between all the seven deadly Brothers.

I swear this man needs Bael as his advisor instead of Satan fucking hell. Coming to a dead end I suggested we turn back but shushing my concern about how well-being placing it on hold.

Annoyed I persisted we should go back but nothing worked so I began to turn back myself. Not long after I hear Mammon call out to me but when I turned around to look Mammon was on the floor. Asking what is he doing Mammon was taken into the darkness.

Thinking this to be a sick joke I laughed. "Haha Mammon. What a funny joke you can stop now... Mammon." No response. I called out for him again with no answer. Peering into the black I make out four figures. Running back I jumped above the shelf leaving the unknown figures behind.

"What was that?"