chapter thirty eight

Standing amongst the purple smoked filled room was the masked criminal. Quickly hiding again I look the barrel before jumping out to see nothing. Confused he looked outside once more finding nothing making him question reality against hallucinations.

Settling back down Mammon tried getting some should I for tomorrow's day. The next morning came and Mammon awoke from Cole yelling to him from the bottom of the steps. Flinging off the sheets he slipped into his work clothes before heading downstairs.

Once everyone came around the table each were assigned to a specific location as crime arose jurassically overnight. Many reports flooded in claiming one officer, quoting 'purple bombs which make things difficult to see' end quote.

For the next couple weeks they'll be on watch for the criminals in hopes of catching them so neither one can cause more damage. Being sent to the train station where he began patrolling.

Sitting on his horse he strolled around when he caught up close of a town folk asking everybody something. Going up to him he asked "hello sir, are you possibly named Mammon by chance?" Mammon looked at him and said "yes, why?" The man held out a book handing it over before running off. Even seconds before Mammon could say 'thank you.'

Mammon lost sight of the man. Weird, he opened the book and inside was a spell ritual. Turning the page it showed a picture of someone cloaked in front of a circle with smaller pictures branching off revealing five key things needed to perform this.

Looking up he saw someone in the heat wave, rubbing his eyes it vanished. Shaking it off he continued patrolling when another thing caught his eye once more except it was another station further away.

Checking back nothing seemed out of control so Mammon heads off towards the railway train station. He noticed its rails are a bit different than the other ones.

Getting a closer look it appears to be abandoned. Jumping off his horse he stepped foot onto the uplifted platform. Doing this, Mammon's horse seemed to become spooked by something. Galloping off Mammon raises both his hands laying on his sides. "Come on boy!"

Sighing Mammon turns around a little bit frustrated. He peers downward when somebody who was in front of him, looks up while keeping his head down. Jumping back Mammon reached for his Winchester double barrel shotgun. Pointing it directly at the unknown cowboy with shaky hands.

He calmly and lightly pressed the gun down making it point to the ground.

"We don't need to get violent now partner." The cowboy said. I stood straight up putting my weapon away. Crossing my arms I replied. "Why not? And besides you're not even from the town are you?" If we're to stay suspicious plus protective.

Mammon grew fully aware but continue to stick his ground trying to seem tough. The unknown cowboy stated that he doesn't want any trouble but wanted to make a deal with Mammon exchange for 6:00, 788, 850/6.7 million dollars. All Mammon would need to do is betray the sheriff Cole and the moneys all his.

Mammon thought to himself 'well it's a vast sum of cash, especially when it's over 6.5 million dollars.'. "well..." Mammon started. "That sounds like a good deal but I can't just betray someone out of the blue."

"How about this. I'll get my crew to do something and put a good word in for you." He stated. Opposing this Mammon made the deal then set off to find his horse.

The mysterious cowboy chuckled, "my boy doesn't know what he got himself into." Crackling at the end, he was right about Mammon being absent-minded in such situations involving money.

Yeah Mammon was the sin of greed doesn't mean it won't have any consequences later on. Relating it back to the undoubtedly worst deal of his life.

Finding his horse he hopped back on it patrolling the train station again. After a few more hours went by Mammon noticed it was getting late. Looking at the train station's clock he saw it was 4 hours before sunset but whooped de-doo hear the Sun set was occurring.

Trucking he started to go home and rest at the station for a bit before heading to bed. Arriving at the station everyone in the town was inside leaving the streets vacant. A bit confused, Mammon out of nowhere was suddenly tugged-yanked into a small alleyway.

When money to confront that person it turned out to be another cowboy who also was on patrol when he realized the setting Sun. Covering his mouth a group of criminals rode by, the exact ones Mammon saw a night ago.

Widening his eyes the cowboys still covering his mouth did fail to notice Mammon's reaction. After what felt like ages he uncovered Mammon's mouth. "Phew." Breathing in a gulp of air. "That one was a close call, thanks partner." Shaking the cowboys hand.

Smiling it quickly ended. Grabbing Mammon and dragging him along for the ride. The cowboy brought him back to his home to protect Mammon from those criminals.

Serious and why he was in a panic the cowboy replied. "Because the vampire King is coming to Town shortly and he'll get his crew hunt out new victims!"

"Like tonight or....."

"Once the final 4 hours are gone he'll arrive!" Scared, Mammon wondered if he knew by any slight chance the vampire King.

The rest of the night both cowboys stayed inside a hidden room. And a secret room ensuring safety but shortly this wasn't forever, right?

If all these souls had their life taken by such a King and then what are the possibilities he's actually collected like Aiyn?

You can say Mammon didn't stop questioning himself that night.