🧁14. Rain dance with my boyfriend

(Context)

Shubman and Ishan, just two commoners like any of us. Had a decent job and had a pretty simple life. Except, the turn that took for them a year ago when they decided to become boyfriends. And they both could agree on it a billion times more on how it was the perfect decision.

*Shubman's POV*

"Jaan, kahan ho?"
"Ishuu! Busy hu thoda sa... Tujhe pata hai na, mere boss ka mujhse obsession"
"*Pouts* Yeah, yeah, of course. Employ of the year, and employ of the previous year, and 2 years before that... Boyfriend of the year wala koi award nahi hota kya?"
"Aw, are you sad, Baby? I promise I'll come and meet you soon... You know I never wanted to leave. It's just a few more days"
"And how so? Your boss isn't going to say anything?"
"Hmm... I think I'd rather not let your little head worry about it, yeah?"
"... I just miss you, Shubi.. you know what is today?"
"... No, Baby.... Darling I'm sorry I have to go... I love you, okay? And I will come back soon. Very soon"
"Bye Shubi..."
"Sorry, Ba-"

He hung up. Man, I make him so sad sometimes. I wish he was here. It had been 2 weeks since I've seen him and I haven't slept even a bit. I always miss him. His scent, his warmth, his hug, his touch. Why can't I just be there with him?

And on top of that, today was our 1 year together as boyfriends. Of course, I lied to him on the call, but will I actually be able to give him the surprise?

Sighing, I got up from my cabin, and went to my boss.
"SHUBMAN GILL! My star employ, what brings you here? Is there some fault in our systems-"
"Um.. no sir, actually I have a personal issue that I wanted to talk about... It's um not exactly personal.. but it's because of this job"
"Oh... Please have a seat, I'll do my best to help you"

I sat opposite to him.
Virat Kohli. The best and kindest boss in the entire world. And that's the only reason why I actually like to work here.
I suggested once to Ishan that I leave this job and shift to Patna forever with him, but he denied it.

"Tu keh raha tha problem hai, aur smile kar raha hai ab.."
"Um.. sir... I-.. Actually my Boyfriend, Ishan Kishan-"
"Ishan Kishan?! Patna wala?"
"Umm, yes? How did you know sir-"
"Are vo mere saale ka saala lagta hai"

(A/N for those who don't know, this means, Virat's wife's brother (Rohit Sharma)'s wifes, Ritika's Brother is Ishan (in this story only))

"Ohhh..."
"Tumhara kabse chal raha hai ye sab?" He asked, his eyebrows now furrowed.
Fuck.

"I- I'm sorry, sir.. I-"
"Are main to majak kar raha tha, dar gaya bechara..tu bata"
"1 year, sir"
"Hmmm...."
"Sir.. I- I want to quit."
"Kya?! Kyun?!"
"It's become impossible for me to stay away from him, Sir. When he's not with me I'm not even functioning properly. I just want to be with him my whole life sir. Being in Mumbai is keeping us away.. he misses me so much.. and I miss him even more, Sir... I want to shift to Patna and I'll live with him for my entire life"

"But Shubman quit kyun?"
"It's the only way sir... If this is the moment where I prioritise my job or Love, then it's him. It's always him. I'll have to find a new job, doesn't matter. I just want to stay with him, please sir.."
"Are Shubman, baat to sun.. We're thinking of opening a new branch.. and agar tu chahta hai then I can assign that task to you. You can stay in Patna and continue with our company. Is that okay?.. and why would I want to be the reason to break two lovers, let alone my Ishu.. he's like a little kid to all of us"

"I- Is it really possible, Sir?"
"Yes, Shubman.. I'll update your name there"
"Sir, I have another request"
"Bol"
"Can I leave today? It's our 1 year anniversary"
"Congratulations! Jaldi jaa fir to.. takes time to reach Patna"
"Thank you Sir.. thank you so much, sir!"
"Jaa jaldi se. Mere Ishu ko rulaya agar to main maarunga"
"I promise sir, kabhi bhi nahi... I'll- I'll leave, Thank you Sir.. and please don't tell him, Sir. I want to surprise him"
"Theek hai, Ja. All the best"