42 ~ Emotional Embers

"I have tried so many times to think of a new way to say it, and it's still I love you."

Ruhanika

I felt something on my forehead and scrunched up my nose. The feeling persisted as I slowly opened my eyes and let out a groan.

My eyes opened, and the first thing I saw was his face, slightly smiling as he looked at me. I sulked at the uproar and hugged him while hiding my face in his neck. I curled up against him as he gave me a soft pat on my hair.

"Rooh, wake up, or you will complain that I did not wake you up," With a slow whisper, he spoke. Instead of letting go, this man hugged me tighter and patted my head, lulling me to sleep. I am aware that the reason he is whispering is to keep me from waking up. He does not like it when I go to my room early in the morning. However, I must leave before someone arrives to search for me. I do not want to be embarrassed early in the morning.

It was still dark when I looked outside, making me want to sleep longer. I will go to sleep in my chamber. I attempted to get up, but he drew me deeper into himself, crushing me with his heavy weight.

"Good morning to you as well, Dev. Just because you do not want me to go does not mean you have to break my bones. I do not want to break my bones at my wedding. Leave me, you are crushing me," I yelled finally, but he did not move away, instead chuckling.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he said, "You are so tiny, I am not even putting my half of the weight on you, Rooh."

"Just because you are Hulk's ancestor, you can not call me tiny, okay? You are huge; I am not tiny," I remarked.

"What?" He said and started laughing, making me smile as well. He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead, making me blush.

"I desperately want to keep you with me, but I will let you go for a few moments so that I can bind you to me forever," He said, making me smile.

"Then I will be waiting for you to come and tie me to you because I can not live without you," I said, kissing his cheek and making him smile.

After a few more minutes of kissing and hugging, he finally released me. I went to my chamber and lay on my bed, where I promptly fell asleep. I awoke to the chitter chatter of attendees cleaning the room and organizing my belongings for the day.

They assisted me in the bath, which was quite awkward because he had tittered my entire body in dark purple hickeys that I could not even hide. They kept flashing me teasing smiles that turned me red. I got dressed in a light lehenga as there was still time for the function.

Soon, an announcement was made that Queen Anamika would be arriving at my chamber. And before I knew it, she was entering the chamber with her attendees. The attendees held plates filled with dresses, jewelry, and make-up essentials. I stood there nervously, not knowing what to do.

She walked in the chamber gracefully, she was as always dressed in heavy magenta pink lehenga which made her look stunning and lots of jewelry with kajal in her eyes and light pink lips, as always I was mesmerized by her. She stood in front of me and kept looking at me, making me nervous so averted my gaze to the ground.

"राजपुताना खानदान की बहु‌ और मगध की होने वाली रानी को सर झुकाना शोभा‌ नहीं देता रूहानिका। आपका सर महादेव के अलावा किसी के समक्ष नहीं झुकना चाहिए। आंखों में आंखों डालकर एक शेरनी के भाती वार्ता करना सिख लिजिए।"
( Ruhanika, the future queen of Magadh and the daughter-in-law of the Rajputanas, should never bow her head. You should only bow in front of Mahadev, not anyone else. Learn to look into people's eyes and speak like tigress. )