30 ~ The Rebirth Of Hope

"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love."

Ruhanika

I felt completely spent and depleted, both emotionally and physically. People are right when they say that love is exhausting. It is ironic that one person can have total control over your emotional health.

Even though I want to go to sleep and stop worrying, I can't. His ignorance is hurting me every second. I grew accustomed to his attention on me. He never ignored me in these months. After the ceremony, I tried to meet up with him, but he was not even ready to look at me.

I don't know when but I slept thinking about the different scenarios. I was in a deep sleep when I felt something or to be more precise a touch on my cheeks. I shrugged it off as I am a deep sleeper, but I felt it again. It was making me angry now, I don't like it when someone disturbs my sleep. My sleep is my priority. I opened my eyes to see the reason for my discomfort.

It took me some moments to open my eyes properly, the room was dark. There was only moonlight streaming in through the window. When I turned to face my side, I noticed someone sitting on the ground close to my head. Just as I opened my mouth to scream, the person stopped me by shutting my mouth with his palm. He leaned over my upper body while sitting on the bed.

"Rooh, do not scream it is me, Dev!" He whispered, attempting to calm me. Does he intend to murder me? If so, he was very successful; I was on the verge of passing away from a heart attack.

I looked at him wide-eyed. He was very close to me, he was hovering over my upper body. His eyes were trying to convey something, but I am not sure what it was. His breathing was laborious. Closing his eyes, he touched his forehead with mine. I did not try to move though I was angry with him, I knew that he needed this. In addition to hurting me with his ignorance, he was hurting himself by ignoring me. No matter what in the end we needed each other for our sanity. We already know how we feel about each other, even though we have not declared our love yet.

I took my hand to his hair and caressed them gently. Removing his hand from my mouth, he hugged me, practically lying on me. My breath hitched, this felt different. We were very close to each other, and our breaths were mingling together. We were breathing in unison. Our lips were just centimeters apart. I wanted to move a bit and claim my rights over him by kissing him senseless, How dare he ignore me?

I could feel the heat of his hands on my bare waist. He was gliding his fingers on the curve of my waistline. I shuddered with perturbation. Our chests were touching as I continued breathing erratically. He was never this close to me, at least not like this. With one hand, he reached over to my back and tugged at the blouse's dori. I tried to stop him right away by holding his hand, but he was not bothered today. He began to work his way around my waist.

I was only wearing my lehenga and blouse, my dupatta was lying on the side. He had full access to my waist. He kept touching me as if he was trying to reassure himself. He wanted to feel me, to comfort himself. I could make this much by his behavior, but why?

"Dev?" I whispered, my throat felt dry.

"Hnnn," he growled rather than answering.

"What happened? Are you stressed about something?" I questioned him softly, barely raising my voice above a whisper. He did not reply for a while, I kept stroking his hair, in order to calm him. He shifted slightly and rested all the way on the bed, nuzzling his face against my neck. He kissed me tenderly on the nape of my neck.

"I am sorry," He whispered in my ears.

"Why? Because you ignored me?" I questioned him.

"I shouldn't have done that, but I was scared that I would hurt you with my words," He said, his warm breath falling on my nape.