57 ~ The Solace

"If you find someone you love in your life, then hang onto that love."

Dev

I will make sure to discuss this with Samrat because I am aware of what transpired during the shoot. He was on a movie tour, so he has not been home. It is true that they have become spoiled by our overindulgence in love and care.

However, this does not imply that they are rude or anything. He is going through a rebellious phase, just like any other teen. I never had to worry about Viraat, though; my boy is very calm until someone messes with him. Because Viraat has not spent much time at home since winning the world chess championship last year, Samrat has become a little more disobedient. They are each other's backbones, and they have never had to live apart, so it is understandable that they miss each other.

For me, all three of them are my children. Knowing that Ruhanika had helped him recognize his error gave me a positive feeling. I am not sure how she managed it, but this brat was all over me gushing about how amazing she is right after the shoot. Somehow, it made me feel good to know that she and him clicked well. 

I also spoke with Miss Akansha to let her know what had irritated me. We had a great, lengthy conversation, and I have no doubt that she will never again vent her resentment toward coworkers, much less my Rooh.

I do not know why, but when I looked at Ruhanika through the CCTV, I had the impression that something had happened to her. I could tell she was afraid because she would constantly be alarmed.

It is unfortunate that after the incident at the temple, I told my men not to follow her because I felt like I was invading her privacy. I wanted to know what had happened to her. Finding out what was truly bothering her will not take me minutes, but I did not do that because she told me to leave her alone and I can not bother someone when they do not want to. I am genuinely fond of her, and I want to win her heart.

Another odd thing that is been going on for me lately is that I always see very vivid dreams these days—so vivid that they almost seem real. The fact that they are about me and Ruhanika is also the most perplexing aspect of them. I see myself with her; last night I had a dream in which I proposed to her for marriage, and then I saw myself kissing... I am not a pervert or anything.

I have no idea why I am experiencing those dreams, and since I am positive that I have never had an accident or personality disorder, then what is wrong with me? Is it possible that these are merely dreams? Or maybe I am really losing something.

My dreams also had me dressed like a prince, which is another peculiar aspect of them. It resembled the medieval era, really. Is it possible that I was experiencing hallucinations? Or maybe I like Ruhanika so much that I am already fantasizing about the future with her. Oh my goodness, that was so corny.

I shrugged my weird thoughts and made my way to the parking lot; I was driving on my own today. As I was pulling out of the company parking lot, I noticed Rooh tapping her forehead while sitting on a bench. I pulled over and got out of the car because I had a bad feeling about her. I saw her as she slowly stood up with assistance, and I felt compelled to rush over to offer my assistance because I could see she was trembling. She started to walk before I could get to her, and after a few steps, she stumbled on her heels. I raced to her and grabbed her arm, drawing her into my embrace just as she was about to fall.

Her eyes were closed, her lips were very chapped, and her face was pale as I stared at her. My heart missed a beat because of the way she was hanging in my arms, seemingly lifeless. I felt a lump form in my neck and I tapped her cheeks, unable to say anything. I continued to pat her cheeks while attempting to swallow it.