60 ~ The Care

"You're worth every mile between us."

Ruhanika

I was instantly terrified when I realized I was with Dev because I could not imagine what they would do if they discovered this. He handled me with care, making me fall in love with him again, even though I was scared—not for myself, but for him—which led to my breakdown. I caught a glimpse of Dev, whom I had missed dearly.

My tears increased as he comforted me by holding me in his lap and petting my back. How much I wanted this solace? My anxiety subsided with his reassuring hug and aroma. I was amazed when he made sure I ate and even put a frozen spoon to my eyes to help with the swelling.

I apologized to him because I felt bad about yelling at him, but he mistook my apology for an apology about something I had said about myself. I did not correct him because I knew him well and meant what I said.

When I told him not to get close to me, he said he was willing to give his life..... I can not even say that. I was reminded of that day, when he was lying on my lap covered in blood, when he said that. My heart felt heavy right away, and the emotions I was experiencing at the time caused my throat to get congested. I never wanted to remember that day. That was not good; I can live without him, but I will not tolerate even the slightest scrape on his body.

He was silently in agreement when I told him I wanted to go to my apartment. I wanted to hide in my apartment because I was repeating a mistake that I had made before. I went near him with the knowledge of the repercussions, and given where we are now, I promise not to make the same mistake twice.

Seeing him open the car door in the parking lot made me nervous. Without saying anything, he quickly grasped my fear when I pulled on his hand to stop him. His gentle words of assurance that nothing would happen to me forced me to comply with his requests. Well, when did I ever disagree with him? His olive-green eyes always manage to captivate me. I felt a wave of warmth rush through me as soon as he held my hand, despite my fear.

My head was on his shoulders as I thought back on our time together, reliving every moment. I wanted more of this, more of this moment. I was desperate for my husband and missed him terribly, so when I did get a chance to spend time with him, I seized the opportunity.

I missed the look in his eyes, the seductive smiles on his face, the playful jabs we would have, the sweet moments we shared, the shy looks, the passionate kisses, and the romantic evenings. I miss everything about my Dev.

I am not sure if he will ever remember his past. Was it really even feasible to do that? Was he the same Dev that I had fallen in love with? When those questions remained unanswered, I closed my eyes and sighed. He smelled exactly like Petrichor, with a cinnamon undertone, which was very appealing and sexy.

I allowed myself to lose myself in his soothing presence and temporarily forget about my problems. His hand above mine and my head on his shoulder felt so good that I did not want this ride to end. It is unclear to me where fate has us going and whether this is our final encounter together.

We arrived at my apartment quickly, but I would not want to call it a home because it wasn't. For me, it was simply the house where I resided. My home was always with Dev.

He stopped me when I tried to open the door, and the unexpected intimacy made me blush. What should I do when he still has the same effect on me and does not even have to try to make me fall in love? He opened the car door for me, and I smiled, which made him smile, despite his best efforts to hide it. I could not help but notice the flush on his cheeks and ears—why was this man so cute?

I waved him off and entered my apartment building. I could feel his gaze on me, and all I wanted to do was turn around and run to him so I could give him a big hug and stay in his cozy embrace forever. I have already discussed selling this house and a few other plots under my name with a few dealers, and I have also gathered my savings to cover the compensation.