63 ~ Surviving The Crash

"You make my heart smile even when my eyes are sad."

Dev

Even after killing those scumbags, my rage remained unquenched. This anger will not go away until I kill that fucker; I will torment him every day until he crawls to the edge of death and begs to be allowed to die. Even then, I will not allow him to die; instead, I will bring him to the brink of death only to revive him.

That day, as I was reading that fucking letter, my gaze was drawn to the small camera set under the table, which was also one of the reasons I grabbed Rooh right away. I was correct when I ordered my team to conduct a comprehensive inspection of the apartment; they discovered that Rooh's home was covered in hidden cameras.

I refrained from informing Rooh about the cameras because I knew they would cause her even more distress, and she was already terrified. The level of fear that must have filled her when she first received that letter is beyond my comprehension.

He is hiding quite well; despite my team's best efforts, they have not been able to find him because that fucker has made sure he stays out of sight. Before I killed those idiots, my men had obtained some information from them, but it was useless. My team and I have been working nonstop for the past two days after receiving some hints.

I had not seen Rooh in two days because I could not look her in the eye. I felt terrible that I had not been able to catch that bastard, and my other feelings were not helping either. I wanted to claim her, and I was feeling possessive of her. The intensity of my feelings was unsettling. Considering how much she was already dealing with, I did not want to frighten her.

My suppressed feelings had turned into rage, which was now manifesting itself in the staff. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to control myself. I wanted to see her and I needed her, but I was unable to.

I tried to calm myself by immersing myself in my work. Someone knocked on the door while I was working, and I let them in without taking my gaze away from my work, but then I felt her presence. I looked at her with a jerk, and there goes my resolve!

The mere sight of her captivating aura, adorned in a stunning ivory Anarkali suit, made my chest constrict. Her hair was loosely braided and her baby hair fell on her forehead, her ears dangling with earrings that moved with her every movement, her eyes were kohled, and her lips were painted pink, and I was done.

The moment I laid eyes on her, everything else seemed to melt away into nothingness, a captivating and mysterious quality. Her gorgeous brown eyes captured my attention.

I got up and started walking toward her as she nervously stood close to the door. My gaze was unable to leave her face; the way she was biting those luscious lips nearly made me growl in displeasure because I wanted to be the one to do so.

I ensnared her between the wall and myself and stared at her, the center of my universe. Eventually, I lost control and pulled her in closer by her waist, pressing my forehead against hers. My anger and anxieties all seemed to evaporate into thin air.

She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug, which prompted me to give back the embrace. I hummed in satisfaction as she ran her fingers through my hair. Having a strong need to be near her to ensure she was okay, I experienced a surge of possessiveness.

I asked her if kissing her would make her angry, and she responded rhetorically, but I lost self-control. I simply slammed my lips against her to ensure that she was with me.

She was shocked when I kissed her like my life depended on it. I moved my hand across her back to steady her. I kissed her passionately and desperately. As though she were the anchor of my life in the middle of an emotional tornado of intense, unfiltered feelings that were brewing and blazing inside of me.