25 ~ A Night With Him

"When the mind falls in love, it's temporary. When the heart falls in love, it lasts a lifetime. When the soul falls in love, it's eternal."

Ruhanika

I continued to dart at him. He thought I was a child who would accept this as a challenge and stay here.

"I do not have to prove anything, Dev," I stated. His smirk faded, and he looked at me for a moment before sighing aloud.

"Please stay here just for today," he said softly. I skimmed over his vulnerable expression. What has happened to him? He seems uneasy.

"But it is inadequate for your reputation, Dev. Attendees have seen us together, and there may be rumors about it or about us." I understand that no one can question him, but he still has dignity and respect to maintain. I do not want anyone to disparage him. He is too good for that. Nobody is going to understand what we have. And what if the Royals find out about this? They are extremely skeptical of their lineage. They will not appreciate this. The crown prince of Magadh has a courtship with his attendee. They will not put up with this.

"You do not have to worry about anything. Nobody will say a word. Even if they do, it makes no difference to me. And no one can question you while I am still alive," He said softly, attempting to persuade me to reconsider my decision.

"But....."

"Please, Rooh; I do not trust Avantika. She was filled with rage and would go to any length to satisfy her ego. There is no security outside your room, and I am unable to appoint anyone there because the area is reserved for women. I can't take any risk regarding you. Please stay until she leaves," he said. This was why he was upset: because of her.

"I can understand your reticence, but I can assure you you will remain safe here. For my sanity, I must have you before my eyes." He exclaimed, looking at me with his olive-green eyes. His eyes were vulnerable, which I did not like; I did not want to be his weakness, but rather his strength. I know he will keep me safe. I trust him with everything.

"I do not want anyone questioning you, Dev; I know they will not say anything in front of you, but what about the rumors?" I questioned him.

"Let them talk; I do not care about anyone or anything except you. Just stay here tonight," He said, looking at me with hope. I can not refuse him, can I?

"Fine, only for tonight," I said. The things I will do for this man. He smiled at me and looked ridiculously cute.

"Thank you, Rooh," he said, pulling me in for a quick hug.

"You are welcome, Your Highness," I responded dramatically to lighten the mood. He chucked hearing me and hauled back from the hug.

"Let's go," He said while standing up, holding my hand firmly. He was literally dragging me.

"But where?" I questioned him.

"Bedroom," he announced.

"What?" I shrieked. What the hell?

"Arey, you will sleep there, na," He replied innocently. I despise my dirty mind. I really need to clear my mind with Surf Excel.

"Yeah," I responded.

His bedroom was enormous, featuring a circular bed. Right above the bed hung a large chandelier. What if it fell while sleeping? What the heck is wrong with me? There was a couch and a few diya stands. There was also a big resting area attached to it, wealthy people.

"हमारे कमरे में आपका स्वागत हैं, राजकुमारी-सा।"
(A warm welcome to my bedroom, Your Highness.)