Together

Valé's POV

2 days had passed since our return to Virginia. Everyone was now back at the facility. After learning about Jin and the Legion Of Liberators, everyone's been training incredibly hard to be ready for them.

Right now, I was looking out into Richmond City, staring at the destruction from the war last year.

I... feel scared. I don't want something like this to happen again. But this man... Jin. He's even more powerful than Devin was. He's more powerful than Braeden is. How are we supposed to stop that...?

"Valé?" I heard a familiar voice, and turned around.

There was Dylan, walking towards me with kind eyes.

"Dylan, hi." I smiled at him.

"What're you doing out here?" He asked. "Why are you all alone?"

I looked back out at the destroyed part of the city.

"I come here when I'm feeling afraid or have low confidence." I told him.

Dylan stood next to me, and stared out into the city with me.

"What are you afraid of?" He asked.

"Jin. The Legion Of Liberators. Innocent people getting hurt again like last year." I said. "I-I can't let something like that happen again..."

"You aren't alone Valé." Dylan said to me. "You've got me and everyone else by your side. Braeden especially. We all feel the same way."

"But... Jin is-" I started.

"He's a villain. And we're heroes. We'll stop at nothing to defeat him." Dylan gave me a big smile. "You and Braeden are so similar sometimes I swear."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Both of you are so adamant on doing things alone." Dylan said to me as he looked back out at the city. "Last year, when we fought Devin right here. Braeden took it upon himself to face her all alone in the sky. Then after we lost the war, he tried being a hero all on his own. You did the same thing too remember?"

"Y-Yeah. I guess so." I blushed with embarrassment.

"Both of you have such heroic hearts." He said to me. "And that's why Jin will never win, no matter how strong he gets. He's destined to lose in the end."

"How... are you so confident?" I asked.

"For the same reason you should be." Dylan smiled and held his fist out to me. "I have all of you by my side."

I finally smiled back and fist bumped him.

"Dylan, thank you." I smiled.

"Absolutely." He said. "I care about you Valé, you're my friend. I don't want to see you sad so cheer up."